Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lash go leor Hurleys, any experiences????

Options
  • 22-08-2009 7:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24

hi im just after going back 2 hurling after a 5 year break (due ta alcohol!!!!) and went down to buy a couple of sticks from lash go leor. i used ta use philip doyle hurls before i quit and lash go leor is the same people as philip doyle. they do six different styles of hurl based on sum of the better known shapes, kilkkenny, cork, galway etc..... i ended up gettin one pikeman shape(trad wexford style) and a king shape which he described to me as a "munster" style of hurl specifically to aid control of the sliothar. my girlfriend bought herself a cat shape stick and it is beautiul. the guy, i think his name was ian, was super helpful and was willin ta answer any question we asked and gave us lots of helpful advice on what hurl would work best for us! he even threw in free linseed oil lol! after trying out my hurls i have to say i couldn't be happier with them. they are a beautiful weight and have a great spring in them, especially the king shape! overall i would highly reccomend lash go leor for great hurls and service! does anyone else here have any experiences with lash go leor???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭Nalced_irl

Hmmm, first time post recommending a company eh? What position do you hold in the company ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Gingy

Same thought crossed my mind too......but, I bought a pikeman and king as well about a week ago and haven't played a match with them but went for a puck around yesterday and they seem good sticks....coming from someone with no connection to the company; saw their shiny brochure in a pub in Wex and went out to the shop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 tuliphead

ha ha i just read over my post and it does sound like im pluggin for them alri sorry! im just excited about gettin back into the sport and i always loved a good hurl! some of the lads were tellin me ta try brian walsh in enniscorthy aswell as they changed from lash go leor ta him so i might go down and have a look monday aswell. any thoughts on his hurls? i saw one of his repair jobs and honestly its amazin wha he does in that respect... i put linseed oil on my new sticks last night but have since been readin arguments for and against this and now im confused!!! any thoughts on this also????? thanks guys

????????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 IsMaithLiomEire

Linseed puts you at unmeasurable dissadvantage when hurling in the rain or even when the sliothar holds the slightest bit of moisture !
    I often question why L'ash go leor sell hurleys with linseed already applied ? Obviously its not impacting on sales cus they sold out at this years ploughing and had to restock ! In a nutshell Philip Doyle Jr has made hurley making a business and fair play to him ! Personally I think the hurls at the ploughing were an absolute disgrace .........If you want a good one you probably hav to go their and pick it out yourself ?

Ps wud sum1 pls try mixin linseed and white spirits and applying it 2 an old hurley as a test ? Ive heard it allows the wood to absorb the oil rather than allowing it to sit on top?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 45 rexel1

Jaysus,

How many hurleys did he sell to be sold out?

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Gingy

Linseed puts you at unmeasurable dissadvantage when hurling in the rain or even when the sliothar holds the slightest bit of moisture !
    I often question why L'ash go leor sell hurleys with linseed already applied ? Obviously its not impacting on sales cus they sold out at this years ploughing and had to restock ! In a nutshell Philip Doyle Jr has made hurley making a business and fair play to him ! Personally I think the hurls at the ploughing were an absolute disgrace .........If you want a good one you probably hav to go their and pick it out yourself ?

Ps wud sum1 pls try mixin linseed and white spirits and applying it 2 an old hurley as a test ? Ive heard it allows the wood to absorb the oil rather than allowing it to sit on top?

I bought a hurl from their shop and it didn't have any linseed on it. They gave me a small bottle to do it myself which I sparingly applied.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Justin10

Could you put pictures up of the different shape boss hurls,,i have a used lash go leor but never knew they have different shapes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Jugs82

Good and Bad

One that was thrown into me during a match sent an almighty vibration through my body when i struck the ball!

Got another one after that and it was grand to be honest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 bow

Is it just me or have anyone else noticed that all tulipheads post have lash go leor in them some where. I aint been posting alot but have been reading all the posts dodgy. tuliphead should be in the adverts section

• Advertisement

i assure you i have absolutely no connection with lash go leor or any other hurley maker for that fact. the reason im so interested in hurleys is im just getting back into the game after a long absence due to the fact i developed a problem with alcohol and quit hurling. im fanatical about hurling and i was looking around all the hurley makers trying to see which hurls i preferred before next season starts. my advice to you people that have a problem with my posts is to just ignore them seein as they bother you that much. heres some links of other posts ive made on these boards about my drinking problems and you will be happy to know lash go leor isnt mentioned anywhere

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055634230

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055684377

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 orlandohurling

I'm a year into the sport and only wish I learned of it when I was a kid. There's not much choice for hurley makers here in the US and the ones we do have are well made albiet dry. I showed a Lash Go Leor to some baseball players and they note that the same widely space grain is used in premier baseball bats. I've ordered sticks from The American Hurling Company, Setanta, Caman, and Irish Hurleys too and only Setanta came with wood grain that could match the Lash.

How is it lindseed oil puts you at a disadvantage in a rainy match? I apply it and let it hang for a few days before using it. Rains alot here in Florida, and I haven't noticed a handeling difference. My goal with the oil is to retain the internal moisture of the wood to keep it from turning into a matchstick (most of the year it's Hades hot here).

Scott
    www.orlando.florida.gaa.ie

Advertisement