Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would it be worth the distance?

Options
  • 22-08-2009 5:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I've been chatting to a girl online for over a month now and we seem to have alot in common and have fun chatting.
    Problem is, she's on the other side of the country; I'm about to go back to college and she works. We have talked about meeting up, but of course it would never be so straight forward if we were to.
    A part of me is just curious to see if there would be a spark between us in person- if there isn't, then at least I tried. However, if there is, there's the danger of getting too attached to someone I wouldn't get to see for weeks on end. In that case, we might have the option of being 'friends with benefits', staying in contact but allowed to date other people or holding out until it would be possible to be closer geographically. I've done long distance before and it was hard but rewarding.. what do ye think I should do?

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,278 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Well as I don't know the girl I can't say whether or not it would be worth it, but you'll never find out if you don't give it a go. I'm in Dublin and my girlfriend is in Cork, so it is a complete pain not being able to see her as often as I like. But given that the alternative is not being in a relationship with her, I wouldn't have it any other way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭puglover

First off don't over-analyse the situation. You've only talked about an initial meeting at this point!

What ahve you to loose? You're hardly going to be that attached after one meeting are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Within Ireland is NOT long distance - you can meet every weekend if you want. Now when you start talking about intercontinental relationships......things get complicated!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭Wurly

Well, I was in your situation. Met my boyfriend on this site.

Aware of the distance and all that but decided to meet anyway.

Got on like a house on fire. I'm now moving county to be with him, which is the other side of the country btw.

Short answer? Yes, it IS worth the distance if you like each other enough and want it to work.

Good luck.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Cheers guys for the replies,
    Yeah I really want to give it a shot- if nothing comes of it, so what? I'll make a friend out of it at least!
    And yes, I did do the intercontinental relationship before, haha!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭MJOR

Met my OH online he was in Dublin and I am in Cork... We gave it a shot and are getting married in Dec.
    Go for it

Advertisement