Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bull Fight at Inchicore

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I read about this in the paper, I was thinking that there's got to be a better and easier way of getting some money

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭lil-evil

Jesus talk about putting a lump in your throat :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Will check later, is it audio or video?

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭lil-evil

dlofnep wrote: »
    Will check later, is it audio or video?

Audio

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Brief synopses of the piece from the site : spoilered just incase
    Bull Fight at Inchicore

To what lengths will a parent go to lessen their child's pain?

Saibhe is three and suffers from Cerebral Palsy; it's a 24/7 condition.

Her parents Eddie and Michelle believe that her symptoms can be relieved via the controversial area of stem-cell treatment.

They have embarked on a programme that brings her to Russia every six weeks for therapy, but have now run out of funds.

Saibhe's father, Eddie, 'The Bull' O'Connor has come up with a fundraising plan; he will offer himself as the headline event in a cage-fight in what is advertised as a night of bloody 'carnage'.

In this documentary, Joe Kearney follows 'The Bull' as he trains for the big event and pins his hopes on raising the money to take his daughter on an overdue return visit to the clinic in Moscow.

But, in matters of fighting, the unforeseen can often happen and the night ends with tragic consequence.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

Some randomer fought MMA??

What happened. Did he help his daughter? Did he win??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭Danye

Some randomer fought MMA??

What happened. Did he help his daughter? Did he win??

I was actually at the first one and I think the chap in question is a relative newbie to MMA although I could be wrong. In anyway he lost the fight, had a broken rib going into the fight and his opponent landed on him awkwardly on his ribs in the first round and the match was stopped.

It was a good night with a load of lads from who play for Good Counsel (thats the venue where it was held) boxing against one another. A bit of a thai demo and then the main fight. Was a decent night and it helped raise a few quid for the treatment for his daughter which was great.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

That was depressing

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

Why was it called Bull Fight in Inchicore when Good Counsel is in Drimnagh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭wayne1

rovert wrote: »
    That was depressing
    WHY WAS IT DEPRESSING ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭cmb.

wayne1 wrote: »
    WHY WAS IT DEPRESSING ?
    :confused:

Maybe because both mother and child almost died, the child has sever cerebral palsy and the family are spending huge sums of money they dont have to get controversial stem cell treatment in russia and to partly fund this the husband took part in an mma fight and on that night he goes into an mma fight to help save his daughters life and try to improve the quality of her life his mother suffered a brain haemorrhage that killed her

does that explain it or do i need to type in all capitals for you to get it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭wayne1

Yes caps will do , sorry took it up wrong way

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Judomad

cmb. wrote: »
    :confused:

Maybe because both mother and child almost died, the child has sever cerebral palsy and the family are spending huge sums of money they dont have to get controversial stem cell treatment in russia and to partly fund this the husband took part in an mma fight and on that night he goes into an mma fight to help save his daughters life and try to improve the quality of her life his mother suffered a brain haemorrhage that killed her

does that explain it or do i need to type in all capitals for you to get it?

no need for the sh!tty attitude.........

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Judomad wrote: »
    no need for the sh!tty attitude.........

In fairness why it would be said it is pretty self evident unless wayne1 is implying that a situation like that isnt.

Advertisement