Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting there

Options
  • 22-08-2009 2:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

Hi !

Does anybody know of a bus that goes from the city center right out to IADT?

• A bus that stops relatively close to the college , and a bus that doesn't take three hours to get there ! ?

• A bus that comes regularly and on time at a convenient and easy to find bus stop in the city center. ?

Anyone know of such a bus?

CHEERS ! ! ! :D

(Ty Rhyme)

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rhyme

46a.

Leaves from O'Connell street quite frequently and usually takes between 30 and 40 minutes to get to Bakers Corner (literally 2 minutes from IADT).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭Stephen90

Yep the 46A will be your chariot of choice for 4 years if you come to IADT. Literally one every 5-10 mins during daytime and around one every 25-35 mins in evening / night.

€2.20 from O'C st. to Bakers.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Mullarkey

The Institute is well served by some of the best bus routes in Dublin. From Dublin Bus website www.dublinbus.ie the following routes serve IADT (Bakers Corner) from the City Centre 7b, 7d, 46a, 46x and 746. The 4a is also a good route from Stradbrook Road (Abbey Road Roundabout, 5 min walk from IADT) and this crosses the City to Harristown. Other possibilities are the DART with connections on the 46a and the Luas with connections to the 75 (not the most frequent of services). This info is also available on the IADT website at www.iadt.ie/en/InformationAbout/CampusLife/MapsDirections/

As others have said, it is most likely that you will be a regular 46a user.

The 746 is a rarity really, you're better off relying on the 46a or the 75 if you're coming from Dun Laoghaire DART station or Tallaght.

The rest of those busses drop a good bit away from the college whereas the 46a drops just around the corner.

map.jpg
    ...getting a kick out of making stylised maps could be classified as a problem of mine :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭BlueSpiral

Rhyme wrote: »
    ...getting a kick out of making stylised maps could be classified as a problem of mine :/
    And a benefit for the rest of us!:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 Mullarkey

DLR County Council will soon be starting the bus corridor works along Kill Ave (along the front of IADT Campus). The work is expected to take about 9 months. When finished Dublin Bus will run most of the 46a busses along Kill Ave, reducing the walk from the bus even more.

Nice map

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

46a really is a super service. Make sure to get a student rambler ticket (€15 for five days) as it's 2.20 from town to Kill Ave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 jellyt

Twee. wrote: »
    46a really is a super service. Make sure to get a student rambler ticket (€15 for five days) as it's 2.20 from town to Kill Ave.

Do we need to have a student travel card to buy the student rambler ticket?

I ordered one from here -> http://www.studenttravelcard.ie/

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

You don't need one to buy the tickets, but if a bus inspector gets on your bus you'll have to have it. Good for discounts too of course!
    For those of you who didn't order one online, there'll be a stand on your registration day in the college.

Twee. wrote: »
    You don't need one to buy the tickets, but if a bus inspector gets on your bus you'll have to have it. Good for discounts too of course!
    For those of you who didn't order one online, there'll be a stand on your registration day in the college.

...and if anyone, for whatever reason, misses the stand on registration day, the student union shop in Trinity College is the most accessible alternative and is a 'walk in with nothing, walk out with student travel card' system. Very handy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭tootyflutty

Hi, I need help quick please!
    Ok having problems figuring out how to get there. Right so get off the bus at O'Connell street coming from Meath/Phibsborough direction. I don't cross the road to get the 46a, do I? Can someone tell me what number stop it is aswell?

And can someone tell me where I get off/on when going back into town?

(sorry complete culchies here :o)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭Stephen90

Going to IADT from O'C. St., get on the bus heading for the bridge at the stop outside Burger King.

Going into town from IADT, get on at the stop by Bakers Corner on the left hand side of the road, (to head down the hill).

Give it a week and you'll have the craic with the buses sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭tootyflutty

Thanks, it's not for me, for my bf who doesn't have internet, and is actually a bigger culchie than me! :P
    Do you know what number bus stop it is?

Thanks, it's not for me, for my bf who doesn't have internet, and is actually a bigger culchie than me! :P
    Do you know what number bus stop it is?

If he stands with his back to the river, the bus stop will be on the right hand side of O'Connell Street. Walking up that side, away from the river, the Spire will be on his left and Talbot street will be on the right (with the statue of James Joyce). When he passes the Spire there'll be a few bus stop in a row, one of them will have '46a' on them, that's the one. It's really regular so getting one shouldn't be a problem.

Advertisement