Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dog skin problem

Options
  • 22-08-2009 2:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 629 ✭✭✭

I have a German Sheppard he is 2 years old,
    the past few months these two small lumps appeared on his back they are obviously irritating him as he has been biting at them, they are like open soars and bleeding not bleeding bad but none the less very sore looking i took him to the vet the vet said its nothing to worry about
    they will heal. in fairness they did with some treatment but today i see another one appearing would any one know what could be causing this :confused:.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Ouch that sounds sore! Did the vet not tell you what would cause it? Or what he thought it might be from?
    (just odd that they wouldn't)

• Registered Users Posts: 45 mlettis

my dog gets little lumps and very red itchy skin my vet believes this is caused from wild fox in the area where we live. he too needs to go on treatment for this it usualy takes a few weeks to clear up

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭convert

Does the dog try and scratch them as well as bite them? If so, it could be a type of mange which, as mlettis says, can be passed on to dogs from foxes, the majority of which have mange.

There are quite a few treatments for mange, so call down to your vet and ask what s/he recommends.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 629 ✭✭✭blinkey 101

Hi guys sorry only getting back now.

No the vet never said what it could be but he said if it persists to bring him back so I'm going to to take him om Tuesday.
    i never seen him trying to scratch just bite and its horrid he is pulling the hair out round the infected area, the fox thing is interesting i will say that to the vet see what he says.

Thanks guys i will keep you informed .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 350 ✭✭wexford202

Hi there. Is there any posionous weeds around ie hog weed or something that he may be rolling in.

• Advertisement

Now that you mention it there is a kind of ivy growing over into my garden from the neighbours side could that be the problem i wonder ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 350 ✭✭wexford202

Could easily be something as simple as that.

You may get your clippers out;)

yea i said it to the vet and he said its very possible it was a plant , so out wit the shears i have cut them back ;) he gave me some cream and some tabs for him so fingers crossed thanks for the help guys ill keep you updated .

Advertisement