Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ikea

Options
  • 22-08-2009 12:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭

What is the quality of ikea stuff? is it anything like the argos stuff?

I have a cd rack from argos and its falling to pieces, (I am interested in the billy bookcase )

anyone have one of these?

Thanks
    John
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Seanieke

It's like everything else flatpack, ya gotta take it, and woodglue everything as well as use the supplied ixings. Take your time & di it right & you'll only have to do it once!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭carfax

I've found the Ikea stuff far better than the normal flat-pack. Very easy to put together and very solid when its done.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭John mac

thats good to hear then ,

might take a trip up .

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭adr

John mac wrote: »
    What is the quality of ikea stuff? is it anything like the argos stuff?

I have a cd rack from argos and its falling to pieces, (I am interested in the billy bookcase )

anyone have one of these?

Thanks
    John

I bought a Billy bookcase last week. Seems to be a good value for money.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭icbarros

I bought two of them 3 years ago and they are pretty good. They are heavy loaded with books and they haven't warped.
    If you are going for glass doors just be aware they are difficult to adjust. I think it took us longer to adjust them properly than assembling the all unit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭stevoman

excellent stuff IMO. filled a transit in belfast after christmas and put every bit of it together and wouldnt fault and of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭John mac

thanks for all the feedbback.

must work out what i need now:)

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭lily lou

I bought a Poang chair last year and it's great quality and comfortable, was easy to put together too!!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 paulrossiter

Yeah. The IKEA stuff is definitly better quaility. But if you have alot of stuff to put together it can take ages. I used FlatpackUnpack.ie - very reasonable rates for assembly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Anna Molly

OMFG. Like most people in Dublin, I got the catalogue through the post the other.
    I. AM. IN. LOVE.
    How much are folk getting paid for putting furnature together, cause eh.........Ikea is cheap as chips.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 paulrossiter

Just €25 for a sofa or a bed. €7 for a chair! cheap, eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Patharagos

Beware, anyone thinking of dealing with IKEA; having paid them for a TV Bench, THEY FAILED TO DELIVER TWICE and never called to give a reason, I was forced to spend hours on their 1890 number in Ireland to find out the reason and then to add insult to injury,a member of their staff fraudulently took €140 from my VISA on top of the original payment without any authorisation/consent to do so...nearly 2 weeks later, I still havent been reimbursed and now have the Police involved. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Patharagos wrote: »
    Beware, anyone thinking of dealing with IKEA; having paid them for a TV Bench, THEY FAILED TO DELIVER TWICE and never called to give a reason, I was forced to spend hours on their 1890 number in Ireland to find out the reason and then to add insult to injury,a member of their staff fraudulently took €140 from my VISA on top of the original payment without any authorisation/consent to do so...nearly 2 weeks later, I still havent been reimbursed and now have the Police involved. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED
    I'd say you have just had a bad experience.
    I've bought lots of stuff from them and never had any hassle, mind you I took everything I bought away on the day.
    Deliveries always have a chance of going wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Patharagos

Bad experience...its been a nightmare; they couldnt even find my details on their system untill I suggested the possibility that they may have my name spelled wrong? Then the penny dropped and hey presto, they were able to find me...my credit card has now been cancelled because of them and still no refund received. They are a total mess from start to finish...NEVER AGAIN

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

ZOMBIE THREAD - Do not resurrect old threads.

CLOSED

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement