Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't Put My Finger On It.

Options
  • 22-08-2009 2:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Strange first post, but I just can not put the below story together in my head and figure some help might help!:pac:

Gonna be a bit vague, just in case.

Gf and I, had a few tricky situations recently but mostly okay. She seems pretty happy!

We were supposed to meet up this week, but it never happened as something popped up last moment on her end. Okay fine. The reason I was told though, for some reason or another my gut feeling was that she was telling fibbs. I can not really place why, ever just get a feeling?

Anyways, her story seemed pretty solid later that day when I saw her. So okay fine I thought, silly me!

However, later on someone she was supposedly with for that time mentioned off hand they thought they had seen someone I know around the area, just one of those "oh btw" small talk things. This person could not exactly remember when during the day though, but never actually mentioned been with my GF that day as they tried to place when they saw the person I know. So they went through a few things they did during the day and my GF story never popped up, at this point my GF seemed eager to get me out of the conversation.

Curious no? Okay, nothing proved or disproved exactly, but with the above and my gut feeling, her story does not seem water tight? I could be wrong, but pushing on and asking would seem to show a lack of faith?

She could be well telling the truth I suppose! And kind of leaning 70/30 towards her not lying, if that makes sense.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Why do you think she might be lying about where she was? Has she given you reason to believe she might be cheating?

If she hasn't then you should leave it go this time. She might have had another good reason for not telling you where she was going.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hmmm it's a bit odd to say the least. You could be completely paranoid about the whole thing but the fact that:

a) You had an instinctive gut feeling previously (which I personally never underestimate)
    then
    b) The gut feeling was then called into light again when the conversation with the friend didn't add up.

It's strange that the friend didn't use the time with your gf as a marker to help place when they saw the person you know around the area, if you get me i.e "Well it must have been before 3pm because me and (insert name of your gf here) were having lunch at that time blah blah". You probably should have dropped it into conversation casually to see the reaction.
    You say there's been tricky situations in your relationship, anything that caused her to tell fibs before? 30% is a large percentage to be unsure.. I really don't want to make you paranoid though. Just keep an eye out for those 'gut feelings' in the future, sometimes you just 'know' when something's up.

Good luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 VOOM

Thing is, I don't know why she would lie in the first place. I doubt she is cheating tbh though.

The story just did not add up, and I would not like to think I have been lied to!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭kizzabel

time.

thats my simple answer. try to carry on as normal.
    either your gut feeling is right and the truth will come to light.

because her details are shady may or may not add up to something shady. what if she was planning a surprise, had a doctors appointment that she wasnt comfortable to discuss....?

time will tell. if you keep getting bad feelings about what shes telling you i would be investigating further but for now wait it out.

As a small little update, ever since the above events I have been getting a mixture of hot and cold signals. Pretty busy this week, but when we do go out, well I must have ran over her dog and never noticed or something, cause I am public enemy No.1. Well okay, half the time that is, the other half I am great.

Not strange at all?:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Lady Muck

I definately think you need to talk with her. It is best to sort it now before it gets messy and f***s your head up, because believe me it will, I have been there.

If you have done nothing wrong then you need to pull her up on her behaviour towards you.

My first thought was maybe she lied because she could have been at the docs for something, such as a pregnancy test and didn't want you to know. If she was up to something, she may have warned her friend and told her to pretend they were together.

we are a difficult species but u dont deserve to feel that uncomfortable

like lady muck said.... your head will end up fuct

now its time to be straight out and say how you're fellings

G.L

so how're things since?

Well I got an apology, but not much else. Can't say it was emphatic or reassuring, but maybe we all have our bad weeks? [Had one or several such weeks before tho..]

As for the original suspicion, a few very small "odd" things have popped up, but nothing approaching concrete. Got a nice* [read not so flattering comparison to a guy she knows.]

At times I get the feeling she loves me, at other times I get the feeling she loves to hate me :rolleyes:

Advertisement