Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

whats better

Options
  • 22-08-2009 12:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭

marthyrs or switchblade romance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 711 ✭✭✭Dr_Phil

marthyrs or switchblade romance

7/10 got marthyrs..go for it.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 5,042 Mod ✭✭✭✭spooky donkey

Ive only seen switchblade but I thought it was very good. Might try get my hands on the other one.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Dubhthamlacht

I got Martyrs for €7 a couple of weeks ago. A good film, I'd say 7/10. Interesting story which I couldn't have predicted. The characters of Lucie and Anna were not the usual run around hysterical US fodder you see in horror films. The film started with a sense of foreboding and uneasiness, that heightened as it went along. By the last 20 minutes you had a good idea of what was going to happen. They are in talks about remaking into a US version. I dread to think what sort of mess will make of it.

It's not outright gross like some gorefests. That's not to say it doesn't have it's bloody moments but it's done in a measured way to give the maximum "oh ****e" effect.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭DeWitt

Switchblade Romance.
    Though I watched Martyrs with really crappy english dubbing so that might explain my feelings towards it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭trustno1

Martyrs hands down... no contest against Switchboring.. I mean Switchblade..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Martyrs is by far the better film.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,781 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Martyrs..

The very good Switchblade is bogged down by
    a downright piss-poor ending.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭mbv

I thought Martyrs was ok but very overrated. Wasn't shocked or horrified at all by it.
    Switchblade romance I loved though, very gory, tense. Stupid ending though and it makes no sense but still one of the only modern horrors I watch on a regular basis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 G-Bal

Both good (though with my own taste in horror, I'd lean more towards Switchblade.)

Also worth checking out are Frontiers and Inside (both French language horror films, and both very good indeed. Inside is one of the best horror films I've seen in the last few years.)

Advertisement