Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I finally know at 31 what I want to do BUT

Options
  • 21-08-2009 9:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭

I finally know after all this time what I have alot of interest in and what I would like to do, it would involve going back to college in dublin for 4.5 years and being a poor student again but im prepared for that the problem is the course is very competitive to gain access as a mature student and I dont have the points for it , I do have a ordinary degree in chemistry which would hold some advantage but I would be competing against people with more education than me.The course is human nutrition and dietetics at DIT

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

Go for it,
    Get in touch with the MSO in that college.
    Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

This course is very difficult to get onto as a mature student. I think there's 3/5 places held for them. And a lot of people go for it.

I don't know how they pick students for the course. See if you can get into contact with whoever is in charge of organising first years.

Work experience, work experience, work experience!!!!!!!!!!!! Get lots of it. Do voluntary community work.

Would you go abroad? There's a Dietetics course offered in Uni. of Ulster, up in their Coleraine campus and there's many offered in the UK. You don't have to pay fees for healthcare courses in the UK. You do have to sit the Ulster HPAT if you apply there.

Advertisement