Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

first holiday

Options
  • 21-08-2009 7:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

I am just back from my first break with my boyfriend of 4 months. I really felt he was "the one" before we went away... now I am not so sure. There's nothing in particular I can point to, I suppose the fact of being around someone 24/7. Do you think it's worth continuing with the relationship and see how things go? I don't want to make a rash decision.
    Any advice welcome.
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭puglover

Answer these two questions.

How does the prospect of not being with him make you feel?

How does the prospect of being with him for a very long time make you feel?

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I find that relationships tend to follow a specific trend,

point of attraction, once you have start having sex and fooling around and having loads of exciting fun then it peaks then it levels down to the point you think no not as fun and then it goes back up, less than the peak but more than the dip and it levels out, fluctuating in between. Its been four monts you like the guy, dealing with him 24 7 was just a bit much. stick it out for another month and see what happens.

Graph kinda like this

(a) peak:love him he is the one
    . .
    . . (c) yeah i love him
    . . .
    . . . .
    . . .
    ........... . .
    . .
    (b) oh god is he really?like him but what if he isnt and i could be missing time with the one

then it goes up and down but higher than the initial attraction but a little less than the high honey moon period. You will have stumbling blocks but only you can decide if you want to be with him. I find if you have far more good times than bad, he makes you laugh and treats you like the most beautiful person he has met then your on to a keeper. I like to think the makings of a good relationship is when ye both think ye are really lucky to be with each other.

My boyf and i are together 4 years, we went on holiday and 1 week in each others pockets and i felt the same but after a week cooling down period 2 years later and i love him as much as ever!

best of luck! only you can make the choice.
    Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭R.D. aka MR.D

It depends what kind of a holiday it was.

My OH and I's first holiday was a group holiday and it was awful. I thought he was a terrible person and i never wanted to see him again!

We've been on many holidays since and it's the happiest times of my life.

What are you guys like at home? do you spend a lot of time together?
    Sometimes spending a lot of time with a person can reveal how you really feel about them.

If you don't spend a lot of time together then have an at home holiday where you spend a week in each others company, after work etc and see how that goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭castle

Hi,

I am just back from my first break with my boyfriend of 4 months. I really felt he was "the one" before we went away... now I am not so sure. There's nothing in particular I can point to, I suppose the fact of being around someone 24/7. Do you think it's worth continuing with the relationship and see how things go? I don't want to make a rash decision.
    Any advice welcome.
    Thanks

Give him a chance, hard for him to entertain you 24/7 normally you guys meet and he pushes the boat out like we all do,hard to do it for 24/7 don't you think,

Advertisement