Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jeep Help!

Options
  • 21-08-2009 5:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭

Hi all,

I am about to buy a 03 Suzuki Grand Vitara. Does anyone know if they are any good for pulling trailers for agricultural use? Any help would be great. Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭BeardyGit

I'd think they'd be well on the light side for hauling animals and the like....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Farls

Don't think they would be great for pulling now I think its 3000 lb they are rated too which is well short of the likes of a landcruiser etc.

What kind of budget do you have and do you need a passenger vehicle?

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭MrFoxman360

if your buying a jeep for towing a Grand vitara is not the best choice, not really heavy enough, hasn't a great rated capacity, and engine size is smaller than the more suitable jeeps, you need torque and hp for towing.

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭Carstuck

I need the jeep for occassional use, not constant towing. My budget would be in around €7500. I don't want somethink that's too big like a landcruiser. I would be using it also for just driving around so I need a passenger type

right, well what exactly will you be towing, 8x4 builders trailer type stuff, or you talking about heavy ifor williams style cattle trailers. A passenger jeep, has private tax, so your paying it based on engine size, which can be quite nasty on bigger examples, crew cab pick ups avoid this however.

• Advertisement

I be pulling a 8x4 light trailer with maybe one or two cows or 3 weanles but only a few times in the year.

ye well that isn't too heavy, so you should be grand with the suzuki, I presume its the 2.0l diesel your looking at now and not the 1.6 petrol. The petrol one will be useless at towing, as its too heavy for the engine size and petrols have very poor torque characteristics

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 steeo

I have the 2007 Grand Vitara with the 1.9 diesel and there is no shortage of pulling power, 16' Brian James transporter with a transit on the back.

Yea it's the 2.0 diesel. I think now that I'll buy it. Thanks to everyone for all the help!

Advertisement