Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some Medals from my collection

Options
  • 21-08-2009 3:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 588 ✭✭✭

here are some medals from my collection . could nt take clear pics with my camera so had to scan them. sorry for the poor quality

Medals.jpg

Medals 001.jpg

Medals 002.jpg

Medals 004.jpg

Medals 005.jpg

top. North West Frontier : 7706 J Harver Royal Munster Fusiliers. Long Service Medal:3150 G. Burden Leinster Regiment. 519 George Coles Royal Munster Fusiliers.

Next: 5252 GNR Patrick Kearns RFA (from Dublin). 1949 Denis Salmon Leinster Regiment. 6068 J McCarthy Royal Dublin Fusiliers . 3809 Charles Egan Royal Munster Fusiliers.

Next; 3809 Charles Egan Royal Munster Fusiliers. C Egan also served in the middle east with the Royal enginners in WW1

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 588 ✭✭✭R.Dub.Fusilier

L-R 6351 Serjt W Hughes RMF . 2492Corpl William Kinsella RAMC (from Dublin) 1403 J Kennedy Leinster regiment .6517 JT McKenna Inniskilling Fusiliers (monaghan)

Medals 003.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭Dr Strange

Thanks for showing! The scanned medals images are actually of quite good quality. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭arnhem44

Very very nice,its great to see these medals to Irish soldiers,I wish I could persevere and pick up medals like these,I just don't have the patience.When something like these come along I have my funds spent on something else.Tell me have any of the medals been renamed?,some of the Victorian medals I have have this done and seemed like a common pratice for some reason.

thankfully none of them are renamed. the ones i put up are the oldest i have the rest of the stuff i have is WW1 . i have the service records of about 25 soldiers and medal index cards for all WW1s except for a South African Irish reg one and a couple of the Boer war ones. i have a bit of info on the KIAs i have , gotten from the usual places.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭dr gonzo

Love the Boer medals R.Dub, been looking into one for a while. I've just started my British collection with a medal i've been after for ages(Crimean, 4 clasps and i think Reg or Off. Impressed) so...off to a good start i think, now i just need the money.

• Advertisement

buying medals can cost a lot , but its possible to pick up bargains . in my experience anything to do with irish regiments will cost more than regular british regiments. but ofcourse it all depends which area you want to collect. if i can help in any way send a PM.

got a bit bored today so i took a pic of more medals from my collection, i was laying them out but that was taking too long so i only took a few out of their covers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭arnhem44

I see someone has the collecting bug,lol.Lovely collection of medals RDF,thanks for posting them up,excellent stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 andypants

that's a serious collection to be proud of, well done it looks great :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭kabakuyu

Great collection RDF, I have a few singles to the Dubs, I must send you the details to see if theres any reunites.
    Regards,
    KK.

• Advertisement
Advertisement