Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ghost Hunting TV Shows & Camera Crews

Options
  • 21-08-2009 3:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭

From watching these shows quite a bit, I've noticed that when the investigators see something, however briefly, it often takes the camera operator a few seconds to pan the camera to the area in which the investigator claimed to see whatever it is they saw.

I was thinking, something like this -> THIS
    or THIS (disregard the prices, as these are only examples)
    would prove invaluable to the capturing of evidence. I can't count the amount of times investigators have seen a "shadow" or "figure" in their field of vision, only for the camera operator to be focusing elsewhere.

Thoughts?

Comments

Yeah from an investigation standpoint, it would make sense . But from a directorial standpoint it doesnt :)

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭dib

If you mean, directorially speaking, that it would make for better TV if these "instances" go unseen by the viewer then yes, i agree that the use of these devices would go a long way toward "experiences" being few and far between, thus resulting in a somewhat more subdued viewing experience.

From an investigation point of view, allowing for lighting, i think they would enhance the experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

I would like to see a show focus on what the people see rather than extended close ups of their faces. Perhaps cameras that take in more of the location with the investigator in the corner would increase the feeling of isolation and vunerability

Grimes wrote: »
    I would like to see a show focus on what the people see rather than extended close ups of their faces. Perhaps cameras that take in more of the location with the investigator in the corner would increase the feeling of isolation and vunerability

Yeah i think the problem is that people dont really see anything .

Yeah i think the problem is that people dont really see anything .

Yeah thats very obvious

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭bigeasyeah

Are any of these shows legit,as in honest?
    I know Most Haunted and Paranormal State were caught jigacting.

bigeasyeah wrote: »

I wouldnt say so. Paranormal Investigation isnt as eventful as these shows make out. Thats how you know its hyped up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭sambuka41

The guys in Ghost Hunt have the head mounted cameras,as well as one on their faces and stationary ones. Camera wise i think this is the best show. When they think they've seen anything they usually have several angles they can replay it from.

Of course its still a TV show but prob the most accurate of the ones out there.

bigeasyeah wrote: »
    I know Most Haunted and Paranormal State were caught jigacting.

You got to remember the main purpose of a TV show is entertainment. Even alot of documentarys are not as they seem. Its the power of editing.

Advertisement