Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Found Puppy - What do I do?

Options
  • 21-08-2009 8:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I was on my way to work this morning and found a puppy wandering the roads and nearly getting run over. So I stopped the car and managed to get th pup over to me - no number or tag on its collar, so I couldn't leave it for fear it would be run over and drove it to my mother's house to mind for the day while I'm at work.

My question really is what should I do - is there anyone to contact in Meath/Navan for lost/found dogs or dog rescue?? I don't want to bring it out to the kennel for fear of what might happen it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭finisklin

There may be a pet rescue centre near you...if there is they may be able to help.

In the meantime...don't panic! Make sure the puppy is kept warm and hydrated. Leave plenty of water out in a bowl along with some food. Depending on age they may need milk.

It may be harm to deflea it.....just in case it has fleas. Your vet/pet shop may be able to help here.

It's terrible how someone can abandon a poor defense creature so young!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭orlaithd

Hey

Try this link for info on lost and found dog services in the area. It gives more info on if you have lost your dog than if you have found a dog- but there is a phone number of the dog warden and maybe explain to him you can mind the pup until his owners are found. (that way avoiding the issue if the owners aren't found in a time frame scenario)

http://www.meath.ie/LocalAuthorities/Environment/Dogs-LostAndFound/

Fair play to you for doing the right thing and helping the dog and not just driving by and thinking someone else would deal with it :) I'm sure the owners will be delighted to know he is safe :)

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭dublin_daveyboy

Hi,

I was on my way to work this morning and found a puppy wandering the roads and nearly getting run over. So I stopped the car and managed to get th pup over to me - no number or tag on its collar, so I couldn't leave it for fear it would be run over and drove it to my mother's house to mind for the day while I'm at work.

My question really is what should I do - is there anyone to contact in Meath/Navan for lost/found dogs or dog rescue?? I don't want to bring it out to the kennel for fear of what might happen it?

nice work mate,im sure a pup will have a very good chance of getting a new home.but who knows you could end up not wanting to give it away.always a danger with dogs :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭adelcrowsmel

Thanks for the replies guys. We got onto last hope charity and they have gotten someone to pick her up already - so hopefully now they will find her owner or rehome her - as you said she's a pup so hopefully she get somewhere soon. Thanks again for the help!

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭dublin_daveyboy

Thanks for the replies guys. We got onto last hope charity and they have gotten someone to pick her up already - so hopefully now they will find her owner or rehome her - as you said she's a pup so hopefully she get somewhere soon. Thanks again for the help!

thats great news

and again well done you done the right thing,take care.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 350 ✭✭wexford202

Bless you.

I bet that puppy was delighted when you stopped.

The only thing is now it looks to you as it's owner and will probably squeal your house down tonight for you to comfort it. That will make you fall in love with it and want to keep it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

Ring the local Gardai and the pound to see if anyone has reported it missing.

Advertisement