Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

200Mbps Powerline Access Point Duo Pack €29.95+pp

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭long_b

Sold out already bejaysus :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

Damn iBOOD. Something that I finally wanted and it was sold out in less than 6 hours!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭majiktripp

Similar price here, slightly slower also at 85mbps:

eBuyer Here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭big_moe

majiktripp wrote: »
    Similar price here, slightly slower also at 85mbps:

eBuyer Here

has anybody used ebuyer.com before? i've never heard of them, any reports?

cheers
    adam

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Zynks

I bought a bunch of things from them earlier this year, including a new eee TOP. I found their prices great and delivery was very good. The only issue is that you will need to use Google Checkout. It is the only way of payment that works if you are in Ireland, which is also fine in my experience.
    big_moe wrote: »

cheers
    adam

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭majiktripp

I also bought Lenovo S10e off them using Google Checkout to get Irish delivery, no issues at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭rco2000

Ordered a 1tm Multimedia player on 6 July, after loads of hassle & ringing their PREMIUM rate line (also at international rate), it finally arrived last week:mad:. Can't wait for my phone bill...one call was 33 minutes of waiting & waiting

• Registered Users Posts: 4,529 ✭✭✭savemejebus

Will there be a problem with these being euro plugs and having to use them through an adaptor?

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭kazzer

For anyone interested in getting these, I have a set and they are totally badass. Blows wifi out of the water. Pity they're sold out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭mukki

i found the 200mb/s ones work at 100mb/s which is fine

but the 85mb/s ones work at 10mb/s and are no use for streaming video

all add about10- 20msecs to the ping, so wifi is way better

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭noodler

mukki wrote: »

I have 85mbs ones and its quite fast very little loss of signal strength compared to wireless.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,049 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I have a pair of 200Mbps advent ones and I could have sworn the ping was still only 1ms to the router using these. I never properly tested the speeds on them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

85mbps here and perfect for streaming video.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭Onikage

Will there be a problem with these being euro plugs and having to use them through an adaptor?

The adapter will work, but you can use a standard figure-8 kettle lead if you want something neater.

8lead.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

their speed will depend very much on the wiring in your house andf if you are crossing an electrical circuit (i.e. two plug sockets that go through different fuses in your fusebox, such as downstairs to upstairs) and/or if you use CFL bulbs which can cause a lot of electrical interference with them.

i used the 85mbps ones and got 5mbps out of them so i gave up and just ran ethernet. a mate at work has the same ones and gets much faster speeds than i ever did. it's pretty much potluck though, just give them a go and keep your fingers crossed.

it's a great price though, i paid 70€ for my pair of 85mbps ones not that long ago. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,529 ✭✭✭savemejebus

Onikage wrote: »
    The adapter will work, but you can use a standard figure-8 kettle lead if you want something neater.

8lead.jpg

i was just asking in terms of interference, as a mate told me that adaptors and surge protectors were a no-no with these devices

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

anything you add to the circuit between the two end points is going to have a detrimental effect, but how much depends on exactly what is is and of what quality.

i know that the companies don't recommend using adapters or extensions with them, but they should still work, you'll just lose a bit of speed if you use them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

i was just asking in terms of interference, as a mate told me that adaptors and surge protectors were a no-no with these devices

I've got 3 similar ones (Devolo) in my house for the last couple of years. 2 downstairs and 1 upstairs. 2 are in adapters (inc the main one). I use them for streaming movies to 2 Xboxs and for Xbox live. Mine are rated at 85Mb/s. I've no idea if I'm getting that but I can play movies on both Xboxes that are on a PC upstairs with no hassle at all.

I haven't tried surge protectors.

Edit: One of the guys above said CFL bulbs can cause interference. Maybe they do. Pretty much every bulb in my house is CFL though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

I have 200mbps ones which connect at 196mbps according to the app that came with it.

I stream 1080p hd movies with bitrates up to 20mbps and 5.1 dolby digital tracks to my ps3 and they work fine.

I have one connected to a 3 meter extension lead and the other into a 4 socket adapter lead and they work fine.

Mine are on the same floor and two rooms apart.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Kevin!

big_moe wrote: »

cheers
    adam

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭pissed

Have ordered several items from Ebuyer and had no problems, just make sure you use google checkout

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭lensman

pissed wrote: »
    Have ordered several items from Ebuyer and had no problems, just make sure you use google checkout
    I've ordered many times from ebuyer using paypal, never a problem shipping to Ireland,..I have 4 of these ebuyer 85mb homeplug adaptors around the house,...great results.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

never had an issue with ebuyer, bout a few pc's for people threw it, seems the dogs bollox

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Zynks wrote: »
    I bought a bunch of things from them earlier this year, including a new eee TOP. I found their prices great and delivery was very good. The only issue is that you will need to use Google Checkout. It is the only way of payment that works if you are in Ireland, which is also fine in my experience.
    pissed wrote: »

I dunno where you lads are coming from, but I've used ebuyer since 2004 and they've never had a problem taking my VISA (or the parents' VISA before I got my own). I've ordered all sorts of gear from them, including parts for 2 new computers in the last 2 weeks, and I didn't have to use Google Checkout or Paypal. The 85mbps powerline-ethernet plugs seem to work, definitely got themselves high ratings and I could very well be investing in a set soon enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭shnaek

Ibood had a similar offer there a few weeks back and it sold out in a few hours too. So obvioulsy these guys are popular. Or else they don't have too many of them.

Advertisement