Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to get a curtain sider body?

Options
  • 21-08-2009 1:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭

Apologies if this is in the wrong forum, but it was the most relevant one I could see.

i am looking for a curtain sider body. You know the artic trailers that have canvas sides on them? Well, I want just the box with the curtains for storage, (no wheels or chassis).

Anyone have any idea where I could procure such an item? Would be most grateful!

Perhaps a second hand dealer or breaker or something?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

Getting an 'artic' curtainsider won't really be possible as normally the 'body' will not unbolt from the chassis.

A body off a rigid truck will though. Most truck breakers will be able to get you one.

Where abouts are you based?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭fabbydabby

Hi Slidey,

Thanks for taking the time to reply. I wasn't aware of the unremovability of the artic curtain siders! Problem is I need a length of 29 or 30 feet though. (9M) do they make rigids this long?

I am based in Kilkenny.

Edit

Also: An old fridge body that I can cut the front out of or basically anything will a span of 29 feet or over will do. It's to house an aircraft with a wingspan of 28 ft.

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭MrFoxman360

Im getting a 45 ft refrigerated container tomorrow, Its a lorry trailer that is being delivered as a trailer but then the undercarraige will be cut out when in position. Whats your budget and I'll ask him, he has loads of them, curtain siders, box vans fridges and all that, and he is the soundest man to deal with.

I'm in kildare and so is he, so its not too far away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭trad

What about a 40 ft shipping container?
    Cut the sides but leave about 3 foot each end fron and back for strength. Or Better still 2 containers cut through with the back wall of one intact and weld the two containers together.
    This will give you an covered space of 40 ft by 16 ft. Wouldn't take much more to complete a hangar.

Hi MrFoxman,

Thanks for your reply. That sounds great. I don't have a budget as such, but I am trying to do this as cheap as I can, i.e. buy a yoke that's wrecked that is fit for nothing else only leaving in a field.

However, if I can't come across such an item, I'll have to pay more, or get it made up myself, and then transported, which is hassle I don't need.

Would really appreciate if you'd say that to your man in Kildare or else pass on his details to me.

Hiya Trad, i thought about the shipping container too. You're dead right, it's a very good idea, but again I am in search of a yoke that's half wrecked, and any of them I see online are in great nick and are priced accordingly! Maybe I'll come across something in the interm though.

• Advertisement

llb_btn.jpg

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭MrFoxman360

PM sent with the details,

That's great, really appreciate that. I'll let you know how I get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,037 ✭✭✭coolbeans

fabbydabby wrote: »
    That's great, really appreciate that. I'll let you know how I get on.

Hey,
    Try Flancare in Clonmel. They're one of the bigger haulage companies and have used trailers for sale from time to time. We bought one to store old furniture in for peanuts. Worth a call.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 milkybarkid_1

Im getting a 45 ft refrigerated container tomorrow, Its a lorry trailer that is being delivered as a trailer but then the undercarraige will be cut out when in position. Whats your budget and I'll ask him, he has loads of them, curtain siders, box vans fridges and all that, and he is the soundest man to deal with.

Just read this thread. Any chance I could get the number of that guy near Kildare? I am near Kildare myself and could do with a trailer.

Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16 warm24

hi mr foxman,
    im looking for a trailer, any chanch of that guys address?
    cheers.

Advertisement