Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barry Kenny on Right Hook now!

Options
  • 20-08-2009 6:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭

More humour - everything is wonderful! Virtual reality with CIE!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭thomasj

What had the wise one of IE got to say this time?

Let me guess.... everything is fantastic in world of freight? but no mention of passenger services :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭fh041205

What was he talking about?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

Sorry - for not getting back sooner - dinner!

Well it was the usual mutual admiration club that we've come to expect every single time that George has Barry Kenny on the programme. Lots of laughter and BK got a plug in for Dining on the DART in the middle of how disgusting the toilets are at Pearse - nice! The usual assortment of nutters texting in asking when IE are opening the railways in Donegal; why aren't there better services between Nenagh (!) and Tralee; Dogs on inter-city trains; Barry Kenny's poor taste in ties; somebody else got on about IE's website being the second worst on the internet after Bus Eireann's - think they got that the wrong way round; people bringing Slabs of beer onto the Waterford trains - poor George had never heard of a Slab of beer - obviously a claret man like myself!; and yes I got a dig in about the new Rosslare timetable which, of course, George got garbled and BK admitted it had been leaked and was only one of a number of possible timetables being considered - so let's keep the pressure on!; the programme finished with Hookie saying that Barry Kenny is the 'thinking woman's' Cary Grant'. As I said a mutual love-in. Still it keeps IE in the spotlight but I would love to get into the studio with them. Enough of a synopsis for the diehard dribblers I hope. :D

I would hate to be in a studio with that man. It would invariably end up being a crime scene. I like to think i'm quite fair when it comes to IR but Barrry Kenny insists on defending everything that they do which would annoy me to no end. I'm glad i'm not the only one who thinks that nothing important ever gets discussed between these two.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭serfboard

fh041205 wrote: »
    Barrry Kenny insists on defending everything that they do

In fairness, is that not what he is paid for? (OK then, that plus an odd mea culpa once a year or so).

• Advertisement

No because nobody respects his opinion and hardly anyone listens to what he says. What good is he to IR if that is the case? If, from time to time, he were to say "Yes, that was unacceptable, we apologise, its was due to X Y and Z and we're refunding people this much". But its never that easy with him. There are times when he could back down and make a bit more sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,310 ✭✭✭✭Victor

somebody else got on about IE's website being the second worst on the internet after Bus Eireann's - think they got that the wrong way round;
    One of the big complaints is for booking trains for special events. News gets out of a special train and suddenly thousands of people go to the website and all try to book it at the same time. They have the booking mechanism choked to 200 users at a time.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

I'm surprised no one's mentioned Baz on the right hook, only presenting the show. is he finished with IÉ?

To think we could have otb on instead of this....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

I'm surprised no one's mentioned Baz on the right hook, only presenting the show. is he finished with IÉ?

To think we could have otb on instead of this....

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056886616

Advertisement