Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Total newb - help

Options
  • 20-08-2009 5:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭

If i want to get a website up and running, i know this has probably been answered. I have searched a little, but if anyone can help here, id appreciate it so much.
    Do i design it first with my web design package, then speak to a hoster about hosting the site? Do they get the domain name for me, or is that seperate. Who is cheapest? Who is the best? Who is the cheapest and best?
    Would they offer email addresses as well?
    I appreciate any help anyone can offer.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

What hosting providers offer tends to be pretty standard to a point, but there may be variation. For further information on providers I would recommend shopping around. There is a sticky at the head of the forum that provides links to several providers.

We do not allow recommendation or discussion of individual providers on this forum though. If you have any queries about features, you should direct them to the provider in question.

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭looperman1000

Thankyou Aidan, i appreciate it!
    What hosting providers offer tends to be pretty standard to a point, but there may be variation. For further information on providers I would recommend shopping around. There is a sticky at the head of the forum that provides links to several providers.

We do not allow recommendation or discussion of individual providers on this forum though. If you have any queries about features, you should direct them to the provider in question.

Advertisement