Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

can you tattoo the sole of your foot?

Options
  • 20-08-2009 4:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

hello
    I am thinking of getting my second tattoo - first one was done years ago and only a little one so i am still fairly clueless.

I have been thinking of getting a tattoo on my foot which I know is common enough but what i want to know is can you actually tattoo down to the sole of the foot - I want to get song lyrics written along the inside of my foot and then a design around that will wrap down onto the sole.

Probably a stupid question but just wondering is this considered an out of bounds area?

Also - can someone recommend a good tattoo place to get this done in Dublin- since my last one was 13 years ago I wouldn't fancy going back to where I got it done and I also assume standards and practices have improved somewhat since then too.
    thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭gillo_100

I don't know tbh but I once saw a pic of a tatoo on sole of foot which was a tag like you'd get in a mortuary hanging of big toe, I thought it was funny. So should be possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Dragonz_Rawr

Yep you sure can - but be prepared for it to fade quite quickly - and also - I can't imagine it's the most pleasant of sensations having it done??? Maybe I'm just ticklish though. Also - if you spend a lot of time standing in shoes for work or anything, you might have issues with it there as well. Because of the amount of pressure you put on different parts of your feet, I would think that it would wear down quicker in some places than others...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 dsuser896

why would u wanna tatoos the sole of ur foot??? who's gonna see it? lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭QOTSA90

dsuser896 wrote: »
    why would u wanna tatoos the sole of ur foot??? who's gonna see it? lol

ya dont have many tattoos do ya?

I wouldnt count on the ink holding for very long in the sole of your foot. It'll be a pain in the arse to heal, and an even bigger one to have done. Aaaaand itll fade faster than you can imagine, its just not a good idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭peanuthead

I would say you can get almost anywhere tattooed - but it will fade quick - as a poster said previous

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14 sophie01

thanks for the feedback guys.

I don't want to show it off to the world - its just something personal for me.

I take your point about the fading - that's what I was afraid of - I think it might be better so if i was to just tattoo down onto the arch of my foot as opposed to the flat sole or heel.

I just wanted to know could it be done so now next step is probably to meet someone to plan it and where it would be positioned etc.

Any recommendations for a good tattoo place in Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭skywards

I honestly think I would have to be drugged in order to sit still long enough to have the bottom of my foot tattooed. I'm ticklish and may well kick someone :eek:. I'd strongly admire anyone who could sit through that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭hot2def

In a word - No.

It won't work, it won't "fade", it will fall out completely. Its not a viable tattoo.

Advertisement