Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

50mm 1.8f - Nice....

Options
  • 20-08-2009 4:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,530 ✭✭✭

....Now what should i replace my 18 -55 canon kit lens with to get the same quality?

The great thing is the value of the 50mm and the quality you get back. The tighter budget means i'll have to look long and hard to match its quality but to get a bit of versatility in focal length.

Would be great to get some suggestions
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭Trev M

Hey Paddy,

You really cant go wrong with the 50mm in my humble opinion. You should pick one up under a ton easily and you will be delighted with the quality , this was my first lense after the kit when I bought my 450d and have to say I still use it a lot.

Super crisp and I find it great in low light....here's one of my first shots with it, bear in mind this was in a pretty dim studio and still came out reasonably well in my inexperienced paws

3542634067_a87c1f9a65.jpg

I was chatting with one of the more experienced guys on here today(PCPHOTO) about the lense and we both agreed that for the price of that lense you really cant complain at all... and he'd have a lot of quality gear.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,530 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Thats a great shot trev. I love the quality of the 50mm but i was just wondering was there a comparative lens which was around 18-55?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,196 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Unfortunately, I don't think there's any lens available that can match the 50mm 1.8 for image quality and price-tag. The Canon EF-S 17-55 mm F2.8 IS (http://www.dpreview.com/news/0602/06022113canonefs1755f28g.asp) would match it for quality but the price-tag is about 10 times that of the 50 1.8...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,530 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

wow, can't believe the difference.looks like i'll be sticking to the 50mm for a while.

thanks for the help guys

Advertisement