Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bookdepository.co.uk save 20% using UK proxy

Options
  • 20-08-2009 4:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭

You can save a lot on bookdepository.co.uk by using a UK proxy.

Last night I ordered the lonely planet to India. Using an Irish IP the price was £15.16 (€17.59) switched to a UK proxy using foxyproxy and cleared cookies - price was £12.50 (€14.50) i.e. saved 20%.

The percentage savings depends on the book.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭MadDogGreener

Wow. Just tried it and A book I was looking to buy is £10.69 using UK IP, and £13.58 using Irish IP.

Very sneaky move by them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭LightningBolt

For anybody who is already registered on the site and has a wishlist - Have you a problem logging into your account when using the proxy?

The only way this works for me is by browsing randomly and adding items to my basket. Turn the proxy off and log in then and pay for them or else just pay by paypal. It's only a minor inconvenience really.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭johnfás

How do you use another proxy?*

*I presume this would help with watching BBC iPlayer as well??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭triv88

Nice post,maybe the less said about this though the better or it may not be the case for much longer;)johnfas you've got mail

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Celticfire

triv88 any chance of a copy of that mail? Thanks :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

I'd appreciate a copy of that mail too.I spend a small fortune on that site.Thanks:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭triv88

no probs but only if you private message me fron now on though yeah lol

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭netvista

nice one. was planning to have a look at the weekend as i need some new reading material.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Doesn't seem to the case on all books, is actually cheaper from IE for me

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Are there any security issues with using a credit card via a proxy?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭JohnnyChimpo

can't find a (free) UK proxy that'll handle https requests, so it all goes pear-shaped when i get to checkout :mad: any ideas boardsies?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭LightningBolt

Add them to your basket without signing in. Turn the proxy off, sign in and you can check out. No idea where to enter the 10% off code that was on here earlier though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭ronano

Thanks for the info :)

really annoyed me tho cheeky lil boll**s

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭goose06

I'd be a bit wary using credit cards on sites accessed through an annomyous proxy. Have a quick read of this:

http://www.bukisa.com/articles/130116_the-dangers-of-free-or-anonymous-proxy-servers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭leex

Can someone tell me a good UK proxy server? An Irish one would be useful also. Thanks.

Advertisement