Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The crying boy

Options
  • 20-08-2009 4:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭

Does anyone remember the picture's of the crying boy? they were popular I think in the 70's and 80's, if so, does anyone have any information about them, some people said that they were really bad luck.....

I personnally don't believe in bad luck, but do you think there's anything paranormal about them?

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Yeah I remember it. We had one in our school. There was a big hoo hah about them burning down the house they were in, scared us all silly, and we had the principal get rid of it. Ha, hysterical girlies all of us.

DSC00036.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭magenta73

yeah that's the one! houses burning down, I have'nt heard that one! must see if I can find out anything about it

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭pistonsvox

this wont set my laptop on fire now will it...?

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭MultiUmm

"The Sun was organising mass bonfires of the paintings, sent in by readers."

Made my day. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

MultiUmm wrote: »
    "The Sun was organising mass bonfires of the paintings, sent in by readers."

Made my day. :D

When was this? I cant believe that paper turns a profit.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Colonel_McCoy

when I was younger and some of my uncles had them in their houses and around that time there was some deaths in our family. My aunt made them throw them all out as she heard they were bad luck.

Creepy picture

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭MultiUmm

Grimes wrote: »
    When was this? I cant believe that paper turns a profit.

Check out this link here.

http://www.forteantimes.com/features/articles/1308/the_curse_of_the_crying_boy.html

"Eventually, reporter Paul Hooper, with photographers and Page Three girls in tow, left the paper’s Bouverie Street HQ with two van-loads of prints ready for burning on a makeshift pyre near Reading. The Sun splashed the story – appropriately on Hallowe’en – under the headline: “Sun nails curse of the weeping boy for good.” A photograph depicted a scantily-clad “red hot Page Three beauty Sandra Jane Moore” feeding the bonfire as bemused firemen looked on."

And we think the human race are the most intelligent species. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Amberjack

Gosh, this thread brings back memories, my parents had a picture of The Crying Boy in their bedroom, as soon as my mum heard the stories from The Sun she got rid of the picture - I think it went to a School Fair or something. Interesting the "histeria" this picture caused at the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭Darlughda

Brilliant story.Thanks. Never heard it before. Been a while since I got de shivers!:eek:

• Advertisement
Advertisement