Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eye Test Dublin / Limerick

Options
  • 20-08-2009 1:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 34

Hi Folks, I need to get a thorough eye examination including contacts check + new glasses and the credit crunch is here so need to acclimatise and go for the best price + quality.

Any recommendations in Dublin or Limerick very welcome?

Also, may I ask, I have being paying PRSI since January 2007 does this qualifiy me for anything?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Stanford

Hi Corkboy,

I recommend Michael Fine of Fines Opticians in Limerick, I've been getting eyes checked, glasses and lenses there for years, he does a thorough examination and is a really competant guy.

Gerry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 sammydose

A lot of Opticians in Dublin are offering free eye tests with the purchase of lenses. There are a few in the city, but if they are offered free eye tests or glasses purchase the average would be around € 30.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭jwabh

if your paying the standard rate of prsi then you should be covered for the eyetest in most opticians just ask them to check your prsi cover for optical benefit for you

• Registered Users Posts: 35 lahinch_lass

Hartmann's Optician in Limerick are very good as well. The older gentleman there wouldn't let me get soft contacts when I was in college as they'd be bad for me, they also fixed a dodgy lense fitting in glasses for me for free. They did eventually let me get contacts when my eyes got bad enough that I needed something for sports.

The girls in there are really nice, they tear the place apart finding suitable frames for me anytime I'm getting new ones as I've a very narrow nose... e.g. kids glasses damn near fit me most of the time ! They've stopped faulty frames going out for lenses for me as well. They're not the cheapest but the service is more than worth it. They've no problem with you dropping in to have frames re-adjusted etc.

I'm going to go back to them for my eye tests again once I'm finished all the laser check-ups with OE.

Advertisement