Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CAO Written Confirmation?

Options
  • 20-08-2009 11:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭

I accepted my course online on the 17th.Recieved the confirmation e-mail, but was wondering does anybody know if we get written confirmation of acceptance of an offer through the post?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Isaac702

From what I have read we will get a confirmation letter from the CAO however we may get the registration information from the collages before that confirmation arrives.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Jammyc

If youre lookin for this confirmation for a grant, I rang my local authority and they said the printed email would be fine. Otherwise yes, we'll probably get one a few days after round 1 closes Id imagine:D

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Fince

think it said somewhere that you should get a written reply three days after the closing date (25th for most things i think). so no need to worry unless you still haven't gotten anything by the 28th.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Stephen Esquire

Yeah grants office said print off would be fine!Bit off topic but does anybody know what the story is with the marking schemes when will they be released on examinations.ie?

Yeah grants office said print off would be fine!Bit off topic but does anybody know what the story is with the marking schemes when will they be released on examinations.ie?
    As far as I know, not untill all the rechecks and appeals process has been done and dusted. So probably Oct/Nov.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭christina_x

i just got myn through today, and the "date printed" is the 19th, id say there starting to send them out by the bucket load now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭Mallox

i just got myn through today, and the "date printed" is the 19th, id say there starting to send them out by the bucket load now!

+1
    me too ::D

Yup got mine too, but now I want my orientation stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭ohthebaby

I got mine AND my orientation stuff today! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

i got mine this morning :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

Got mine as well.

Now to wait for the UCC stuff to arrive. . .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Cheeky monkey

I got the cao for the course I accepted and the orientation thing from the level 6/7 which I didnt accept

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Got mine today and got my orientation stuff Tuesday!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭alexcorb1991

Piste wrote: »
    Got mine today and got my orientation stuff Tuesday!

+1

Would UCC ever hurry up!BTW am I the only one to notice how nifty the CAO letters actually are, I love tearing the sides off haha sad I know! :o

My TCD Orientation stuff arrived today along with my CAO acceptance thingy. :)
    Would UCC ever hurry up!BTW am I the only one to notice how nifty the CAO letters actually are, I love tearing the sides off haha sad I know!
    God I hate opening those. I always manage to rip it! I was terrified my offer was gona be in one of those and Id have to piece it back together. :L

• Closed Accounts Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Homicidal_jesus

Larkin501 wrote: »
    Got mine as well.

Now to wait for the UCC stuff to arrive. . .

Same here!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Would UCC ever hurry up!BTW am I the only one to notice how nifty the CAO letters actually are, I love tearing the sides off haha sad I know! :o

It took me ages to figure out how to open it this morning. And they're letting me into medicine why?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Because if they didn't you'd cry and you'd cry and you'd cry and you'd cry ... :P :D

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭xo.mary

Got my CAO thing today.

Still waiting for GMIT... anyyy day now.

• Advertisement

I just want orientation day to come already!Now with all the excitement and tension of the exam results gone..it's all I've got :o .Summer has gotten boring real fast, even nights out with the same people don't seem that fun anymore, except for Leaving Cert night!Getting splooged by a foam gun in the Savoy is surprisingly enjoyable!

Advertisement