Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Present

Options
  • 20-08-2009 11:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all, a girl I am seeing just got her a level results today and did really really well. We are not officially seeing each other as boyfriend and girlfriend but do really like each other. Was just wondering would I look like an idiot getting her a present to congratulate her? And if anyone had any ideas for a present? Dont want to look too over the top or intense.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Colonel_McCoy

Why dont you bring her out for a meal to celebrate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 350 ✭✭wexford202

A present is lovely to get after your exams.

Get her either a voucher to get her hair done for a big night out or for a salon she goes to.

If not just get flowers delivered to her home. We love flowers no matter what age we are.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

Why dont you bring her out for a meal to celebrate

Definitely. That or out for a few drinks. That way it's not really a gift per se but still a nice way to treat someone and congratulate her.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

I would be one for a present, actually.

She might remember the meal you took her out for in a year's time, but if you get her something commemorating her exams she definitely will.

I suggest Dr. Suess' "Oh the Places You'll Go". A dear friend got it for me when I graduated from University and I remember her fondly whenever I see it on my shelf :) It's a lovely book as well.

Advertisement