Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Did you just get greedy?

Options
  • 20-08-2009 11:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭

I just smashed my face into the wall (very painful) because I was trying to avoid stepping on an upturned plug. I actually didn't believe until now that that happened. I thought it was like slipping on a banana skin. Something that happened in The Beano. I was almost landing on it with my right foot when I saw it, and then produced a Michael Jackson-esque dance move to avoid it. Unfortunately my left leg was in the normal 45 degrees position for walking, rather than the perpendicular required for MJ shenanigans so I was propelled into the wall face first with a lot of momentum. Anyway, I digress, what I wanted to ask is "Have you ever tried to avoid a disaster and wish you hadn't?"
    I've done it a few times and I'd be surprised if there isn't a few other boardsies out there who've looked forlornly at half their fry-up on the kitchen floor and thought I wish I hadn't tried to save that fried spud that was rolling off.

So, yeah, any disastrous stories of coming back next week and playing for the car?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Long Onion

I've done it a few times and I'd be surprised if there isn't a few other boardsies out there ...

Aren't, aren't, aren't aren't, aren't aren't :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Long Onion wrote: »

Spit it out man!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

You, a grammar Nazi, who won't use a full stop?

I've seen it all now.

Unless of course, they are 5 red full stops.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

I'm confused. :confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Thread title confuses me.

• Advertisement

Fizman wrote: »
    You, a grammar Nazi, who won't use a full stop?

I've seen it all now.

Unless of course, they are 5 red full stops.

I hadn't finished.

(I'm only a plural/singular and their/there/they're nazi - the reast is ok).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

I hadn't finished.

Tut, tut. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭In All Fairness

Sorry chief. Thought "few" was the subject of the sentence, and thought it was treated singularly like "team" i.e. The team is great, rather than the team are great. But totally ****faced and no concept of grammar or much else, so sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

I hadn't finished.

rest rest REST! :mad: :p

• Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

I tried to light a gas fire in a Caravan when I was about 10.

You had to get a piece of paper, light it off the stove and light the fire with that flame.
    But after I lit the paper, I got scared (I'd forgot I was terrified of fire at the time :P)

So basically I ran round the caravan with a burning piece of paper screaming "AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!" . My nan pushed me out the door and told me to drop it.

Burnt a bit of grass but ah well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭loobylou

I hadn't finished.

Surely that was deliberite.

loobylou wrote: »
    Surely that was deliberite.

I have an heavy accent

• Registered Users Posts: 34,612 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I hadn't finished.

Plural

ARE

ARE

ARE

o1s1n wrote: »
    Plural

ARE

ARE

ARE

Oh, the irony :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭00sully

burn. I hate that spelling crap on forums. Fair enough if it's something along the lines of http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/9279/1237933078055.jpg
    :D

but the op's post was decent. No need to get all anal :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Jesus lads stop hijacking threads with your grammar nazi hissy fits.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Change thread title to "Spelling Fail Thread"

• Registered Users Posts: 24,007 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Oh, the irony :D

I was going to say that you certainly know your onions, but after you shot yourself in the foot, I think that I'll leave it for now.:P

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,253 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

I tried to correct someone's grammar once and not only got it wrong but made a spelling mistake into the bargain. Was there red egg on my face.

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭EL_Loco

OP, I know what ya mean. I once caught a falling knife, only a minor cut, but just one of those things, shoulda let it fall, but reaction overtook sense.

ohh and to keep this thread off topic, SENSE, not SENCE, you fooks! :) (no one in this post, just a pet hate)

Thank you, and good night.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

So, yeah, any disastrous stories of coming back next week and playing for the car?

Is english your first language?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭Carroller16

00sully wrote: »
    burn. I hate that spelling crap on forums. Fair enough if it's something along the lines of http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/9279/1237933078055.jpg

That image is extremely funny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

I LOVE LAMP!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭gillo_100

That made me laugh so I'll share one of my own.

Was about 1130 at night, I was in bed reading just starting to dose off nicely. So i get up to turn the light off decide to finish off the liitle bit of water left in pint glass on my desk.

So I reach out somehow knock it over. At this point I had two choices let it fall on my desk where the little bit of water would spill out or try and save it.

Of course i try and save it, my other hand darts out to catch it but some how ends up sending it flying across the room shattering it agaist the metal chair leg.

So instead of having abit of spilt water I can ignore til morning I have a shattered pint glass stewn accross my carpet, Yay.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

When I was a kid, about 12 I think, I was playing with fire. As 12 year olds tend to do. Of course, I was indoors, upstairs, with toilet roll. So I set it on fire, and while staring in awe at the yellow hotness, I failed to realise the haste with which it ignites.

So it burned my hand and I dropped it, onto the carpet. In a blind panic, I ran into a bedroom and picked up a pillow, ran back out and took a big swing and smacked the flaming toilet paper with the pillow as hard as I could.

Far from having the desired effect of extinguishing the flaming bog roll, it in fact split it into four or five burning pieces and sent them flying around the landing.

Now it was proper panic time, 15 seconds away from burning down the whole bloody house. So I took the hard decision to stamp them out with my sock-covered foot. Which in fact didn't hurt and thankfully worked.

My parents weren't overjoyed at their singed newish carpets though.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,481 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Snowball fight in school yard back about 10 years ago now. Turn to run away from someone about to throw one at me, failing to realise that backet ball post was about 18 inches behind me. Smashed my head and right knee off it and blacked out for a couple of seconds. On the plus side got a couple of days off school.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭GeeNorm

My dad had a plastic petrol canister in the living room. It was almost empty and in passing the fire, he splashed a bit onto the flame. It 'magically' travelled up the splash and into the can. Seeing himself holding a burning can, he decided that he'd lash the whole container onto the fire and let it burn out. I.e. lose the container but save some synged fingers.
    Anyway the canister rebounded off the fire and sprayed burning petrol all over the place including my legs. All in all, new carpet, trousers and sofa required. Gobdaw!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 378 ✭✭cathysworld

I dropped my GHD hair straightener and as it was falling I had two options:

1- Risk burning my hand with the 200 degree Celcius iron...
    2- Risk a 150 euro straightener and go to work with a Jimi Hendrix style afro...

I chose 1 and indeed burnt the fingers off myself! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭Dun laoire

00sully wrote: »

Thats a good one.

What about this
    you s wont win the league with should of beat these should of them lads

• Advertisement
Advertisement