Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Our national dress: a leprechaun hat and a flag according to miss universe

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,426 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

It's what I wear every day.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭falipo

The outfit wasn't the first thing that caught my eye tbh...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 monay

it is really eye catching
    and it is great..............................

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

So Ireland's national costume is a hat.

The national costume in Mauritius appears to be to cover your bits with leaves so that the lord won't know you're naked and have eaten of the forbidden apple the snake offered you.

Miss Holland is dressed like a windmill and even has her own sails.

Meh.

Free pie from President Britney though. Free pie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭In All Fairness

Once she doesn't look or act like Rosanna Davidson, she can wear a fcuking bin-liner as far as I'm concerned.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

In fairness it is what a lot of people have the habit of wearing whewn hammered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Some very nice looking ladies there. They'd look good in anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

It looks like somebody got a bunch of 10 year old girls on a sugar buzz and said 'Youse are the stylists'.......

And we're 'classically styled' compared to some of them. 'Miss China' ....somebodys going for re-education when they get home there....
    http://www.watoday.com.au/photogallery/lifestyle/fashion/patriotic-couture-at-miss-universe/20090811-egi6.html?selectedImage=25

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

She looks great, 1st time i ever fancied a Leprachaun!

Btw the girls look great, they all have lovely bottoms!

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Mr Hyde

I like that they just fecked Ms. Canada in a purple swinsuit, there you go love, put some maple sauce on that... some of this stuff can only have been the result of weaponised hallucinogens...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

look at how elaborate the other costumes are, do you think miss ireland mum's forgot to make her costume and had to make it that morning after a quick trip to carrolls shop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

THe USA national dress is of a NASCAR babe it turns out. I think we are talking about playing on popular sterotypes not actual culture.

Miss Czech Republic Iveta Lutovska FTW

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

The Miss Universe competition is a fix!
    Did you ever notice that it's always won by someone from Earth?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,467 ✭✭✭Wazdakka

/oogeling girl for a few min

Huh?

Oh yea... The hat..

Terrible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

poor effort. Carroll's had that hat on sale.

now Miss Puerto Rico... yum yum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭bobbyjoe

Miss Germany has made a good effort, but her palm is facing the wrong way.#29.

http://www.watoday.com.au/photogallery/lifestyle/fashion/patriotic-couture-at-miss-universe/20090811-egi6.html?selectedImage=25

I'll get my coat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭Kipperhell

I actually can't think what our national dress is for sure.

Maybe a an Aran jumper? Probably not the best for showing off anything but a beer gut though:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

It's skimpy.

Result.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

that Diana O'Donnell is stunning. Why there are no fat girls in Miss U?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Edgedinblue

she looks like an awful goon in it to be honest! i like the american one though! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭BlueSpiral

You'd think the style team would put her in something like a slutty Irish dancing costume. :/

The hat pulls the whole outfit together, tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Oh no, now everyone in the universe is going to think we've no sense of style. Oh wait we don't have any sense of style, carry on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

Nodin wrote: »
    It looks like somebody got a bunch of 10 year old girls on a sugar buzz and said 'Youse are the stylists'.......

And we're 'classically styled' compared to some of them. 'Miss China' ....somebodys going for re-education when they get home there....

Thousands of years of civilisation and that is the best, they could come up with?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Edgedinblue

BlueSpiral wrote: »
    You'd think the style team would put her in something like a slutty Irish dancing costume. :/

I had the exact same thought! they couldve given her a very short irish dancing dress with a low cut neckline! but no, they gave her a fcukin flag! :rolleyes:

Advertisement