Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repeating LC for Dietetics

Options
  • 19-08-2009 9:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Im repeating my leaving cert this year in hopes to get into Human Nutrition and Dietetics - DT223. I decided to take on a couple new subjects as i dont want to do english, irish or german again.
    I was reading through other threads earlier and came across a person repeating the LC so they could do medicine but someone told them that they could not drop core subjects. I was wondering if this is true and if it is the same for dietetics?
    :confused:

Comments

It's true for medicine, as it's a prerequisite for you to get all of your requirements in a single sitting.

For the vast majority of other courses, this doesn't apply, so I'm pretty sure you'd be ok. To be 100% positive, consult the college you're applying to.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 lainey_m

It's true for medicine, as it's a prerequisite for you to get all of your requirements in a single sitting.

For the vast majority of other courses, this doesn't apply, so I'm pretty sure you'd be ok. To be 100% positive, consult the college you're applying to.

i never knew that about medicine, thank goodness i never wanted to do it as the core subjects are the ones i find hardest and i would never have gotten good marks. It doesnt seem fair, but i suppose thats why they dropped the points.
    anyway thanks for answering :)

Advertisement