Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much do I charge?

Options
  • 19-08-2009 6:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi all!
    I am looking for some advice please if anyone can help... :confused:
    I'm an arch technician with 2.5 years experience. I have just been made redundant from my job but have been offered some draughting work to do at home from a local engineer. Thing is, we haven't discussed money yet and I have no idea what to charge and how to charge it (per hour for example?) as I have always worked for a architectural firm and paid a set salary.
    Could anyone help please? I don't want to over charge and shoot myself in the foot but I want to make sure I'm being fairly paid also... :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭Supertech

Take your salary from your last job and see what way that broke down to an hourly rate. See how that suits what you need to earn based on the amount of work you're likely to get from this practice - you'll at least be trying to get the same as your last salary I presume.

Then you need to allow for any overheads you have (ESB, software etc.) and then allow for new overheads like accountancy fees etc. as its likely that you'll be invoicing this practice and will have to do your own tax returns etc.

Advertisement