Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some Help Please?

Options
  • 19-08-2009 6:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭

Hi folks
    ive never had a tattoo but have been contemplating getting one for some time now and i was just wondering about a thing or 2!

Ive started working out again and the position i want the tattoo is on my upper arm. i want my arms to get a bit bigger before ill be happy with them so i was just wondering if i get a tattoo now would it stretch?

Also where is a good place to get it done? its only a japanese symbol so its nothing too artistic.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sorry i also forgot to add that unfortunately i have pretty hairy arms so what would be best shave them or wax them?
    Thanks again

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭blacon9

The tattoo artist can shave them for you but to save them the bother, do it yourself. They do need to be shaved before the tattoo is done.

I'd recommend building your arms up to the desired size first to keep the tattoo looking as best it can. That also gives the artist more space to work on.

As for where to do it, there are amazing places in Dublin that you'll see mentioned around here. A lot in Temple Bar, such as Zulu, Colourworks, Classic Ink. All are good so shop around and see what the best price is, or look at their work and choose who you like best.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Diceicle

Working out and your new tattoo shouldn't be an issue unless you're planning on going from nerdlinger to a hulkamaniac. The only issue from my perspective would be irritation from potential repetitive movement of the skin. My recommendation for you would be to pop into Zulu and take a look at Rochies portfolio, he did a nice japanese symbol tattoo recently. It was kind of a painted style which I think is nicer than the plain, printed black style.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭00MARTZ00

thanks for the advice guys i think ill leave it another 2 months to let my arms get a little bigger!
    Also was just wondering how long does it take to fully heal?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Hawk Wing

unless you plan taking steroids or something I would not worry about your arm getting bigger

Advertisement