Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nursing Book?

Options
  • 19-08-2009 1:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭

Hi,

I have a friend who is doing nursing in UCC and she needs to get the book below for her course. It is like €80 off amazon does anyone have the book and would be willing to sell it or could anyone recommend somewhere i could buy it online that would be cheaper then €80?

Book:medical surgical nursing
    Authors: lewis and heitkemper

Thanks for any replies.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,819 ✭✭✭deisedude

Try the Student Union bookshop, you might get a second hand copy there for a reasonable price. Even John Smiths might have a second hand copy

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Ricochet69

ya she tried there your still talking about €80. where is john smiths?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

http://www.abebooks.com/servlet/SearchResults?an=heitkemper&sts=t&tn=medical+surgical+nursing&x=66&y=19

You can get it there from as little as 16 dollars including shipping. It'll can take up to 4 weeks to deliver though, if you want it quicker it'll be at least 23 dollars altogether. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

Ricochet69 wrote: »
    ya she tried there your still talking about €80. where is john smiths?

John Smiths is in the Student Centre, go in the right most door and you'll see it straight ahead, past the double doors.
    eZe^ wrote: »
    http://www.abebooks.com/servlet/SearchResults?an=heitkemper&sts=t&tn=medical+surgical+nursing&x=66&y=19

You can get it there from as little as 16 dollars including shipping. It'll can take up to 4 weeks to deliver though, if you want it quicker it'll be at least 23 dollars altogether. ;)

Therefore 23 dollars is roughly 16 euros.

Bargain by the sounds of it. ;)

http://www.xe.com/ucc/convert.cgi?Amount=23&From=USD&To=EUR&image.x=32&image.y=12

The book itself is only $1 that forces me to ask the question is this site dodgy, i mean that book is huge how could they possibly sell it at a profit for $1.

Have ya ordered off this site before?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

Ricochet69 wrote: »
    The book itself is only $1 that forces me to ask the question is this site dodgy, i mean that book is huge how could they possibly sell it at a profit for $1.

Have ya ordered off this site before?

This, in my opinion is similar to amazon.co.uk or other sites.

The book is a $1, they're gonna make their money off the post and packing or the delivery. If the book was say 10 or 20 then it'd cost a good amount with p&p.

Never delt with this site but it seems alright, seen it around a few times.

turns out that all those are either American editions or are old editions. Thanks for your help guys but id say she will jst have to buy it in ucc.

Advertisement