Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Belle & Sebastian album recommendations

Options
  • 19-08-2009 11:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭

Howdy.

Ive been listening to The Life Pursuit quite a bit lately and am liking it alot.What other albums of theirs are worth picking up?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭fillmore jive

If you're feeling sinister, best album they have imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭Boo-yah

If You're feeling sinister and Push Barman To Open Old Wounds are my personal favorites. The second compiles a load of EPs the band released, fantastic stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Tigermilk for me. The State I Am In, She's Losing It, You're Just a Baby, We Rule the School, My Wandering Days Are Over and I Don't Love Anyone all on the same album! Yes please!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,357 ✭✭✭Morgans

I too would go for Tigermilk. With If you're feeling sinister close second.

Push Barman worth getting for the Im waking up to us single on its own.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭loveissucide

If You're Feeling Sinister.Hands down their best work and an absolute classic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭gollem_1975

1) Tigermilk (my favourite)

2) push barman ( compilation of their EP's )

3) If your feeling sinister or Boy with the arab strap.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭thegills

Buy them all as they are all brilliant if you like B&S. Why don't they play here more often.
    Boy with the Arab Strap is my favourite. I also thought that the Life Pursuit was a slight detour from their other / older albums.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭loveissucide

Are they defunct or what now?Very few signs of life from them of late.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭catch--22

'If you're feeling Sinister' and 'Tigermilk'.

Also download "There's Too Much Love" from "Fold Your Hands Child, You Walk Like a Peasant". Great track!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Are they defunct or what now?Very few signs of life from them of late.

Murdoch has a side project - God help this girl. Posted a thread here bout it a few months back. Cracking album.

B&S will have an album early next year is what i remember him saying in interview, not 100% on this but fairly sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,906 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Listen to Lazy Line Painter Jane EP. Best song they’ve done imo.

Listen to it once. Then again, and again . . .

As far as albums go: If you’re feeling sinister, and Tigermilk are my favourites, followed by The life pursuit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭Taz86

I've only got three of their albums. Life Pursuit is great alright. I like the other two I have which are Storytelling - get this even just for 'I Don't Want to Play Football' :)

and
    Dear Catastrophe Waitress. There's some interesting reading entitled 'The Way of the Egg' inside this one. Highlights would be I'm a Cuckoo and Piazza, New York Catcher and an Ashes to Ashes sounding tune to finish up called Stay Loose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Damn,I didnt realise they released so much stuff.

Thanks a mill for the recommendations folks!
    :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭bowsie casey

The Boy with the Arab Strap is fantastic....my fave by far.

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭A Disgrace

Fold your hands.. for me, or any of the first 4.. Start there, and maybe hit the later stuff.. also check out side project 'Looper', if only for Mondo 77 and Up a Tree...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

I always think of Belle and Sebastian as having very distinct eras, if you like the life pursuit, check out "Dear Castrophe Waitress" since it's part of their later era.

I like all their albums, just differently.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Alan Noir

Get The Boy with the Arab Strap & Tigermilk. I prefer the former personally.

Then get everything Camera Obscura have done because they're better ! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 purplepassion

The Boy with the Arab Strap

Definitely check out God Help The Girl too - awesome album.

And then check out the Isobel Campbell and Mark Lanegan albums!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭DigiGal

I love these guys so much....
    only discovered em on the Juno soundtrack

Advertisement