Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Job for review site...

Options
  • 19-08-2009 11:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 42

Hi,

Not sure if this is the right lace for it. Just wondering if anyone thinks this is not a good idea.

A review site are advertising on the job sites, Creative Ireland etc. for a marketing assistant/review writers in Dublin. I get the impression they are going to hire a load of people. Its €11 per hour and you are expected to do 16 hours a week. 45 reviews of businesses (any type of establishment) a week and 40 updates. It runs for 8 weeks. You work from home in your own time.

Now Im unemployed but that seems like it would take up alot of time and for not very much cash. Although it says 16 hours, you have to get pics of the establishment and find 45 new ones each week!

I guess my question is, is it worth it?Is it some kind of pyramid web scheme..It seems slightly wrong.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭glanman

I wouldn't say it is a pyramid scheme. It sounds like you get paid €176 a week to get x amount of reviews done. If it takes you 40 hours, you get €176, if it takes you ten hours, you get €176. Other of the dodgey jobs out there don't have a fixed wage, this does, albeit low hours.

It depends how often you get paid. If it takes a month to get paid I would want to be fairly trusting of the company behind it.

If you are on unemployment benefit it means that you can still claim a certain amount, as you are only being paid for 2 days work (I dont know much about this though so check it out).

What do you mean by review businesses? What happens if you review a business and it has been done by someone else in the same week?

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭sternn

What company is this?! I want a job like this!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 redapple

Well thats the thing, there are already alot of places up there so I feel it would be really hard to find 45 places in Dublin each week if there are lots of other people out there doing it too. Id say you would be cut loose after a few weeks or give up on your own accord as you cant make up the 45..?
    You can review places that have two reviews already up but no more that that.

The site is called Yelp...

Advertisement