Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[b]Customizing guitar...need help[/b]

Options
  • 19-08-2009 4:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭

Hey everyone,

Well i decided im going to try customize my guitar (paint) and need help,

Is there a only one type i should use? Where can i get it in carlow? And if any one has some cool designs that would be easy to draw out fell free to link me to it

Thanks for the help ppl :)

Mister man

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Strum

Any more info. Is it acoustic or eletric? What make/shape? Are you going to hand paint it or spray/stencil?

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Mister Man

Its a bass. A tanglewood rebel 4k my plan is to make it white with black and red stripes

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭irishlostboy

you use the same method of painting on electric guitars etc as on cars. mask off everything that does not get painted. if possible remove as much hardware as possible. key the surface (sand with light grade sandpaper) then apply 1 or 2 light coats of spray primer. spray your base colour. apply stencils and spray your other colours. a very fine rubbing down between coats may help. finally finish with your varnish spray. keep all coats as light and even as possible. spray in well aired space.

Advertisement