Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shipping a bass abroad....how do i go about this?

Options
  • 19-08-2009 3:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭

Ok recently ive had interest from a guy in latvia about buying my Warwick on basschat.co.uk so i said id go about checking a few quotes for shipping. No sooner had I sent him the pm that I realized I have ABSOLUTELY no idea where to start for getting quotes. I know dhl and similar companies are probably the way to go and that an post is probably going to be crazy expensive but i have no clue of what my options are as im living in Tralee, not a city like Dublin or Cork.

Can anyone out there point me in the right direction or tell me as to how they had shipped a guitar previously?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭ham_n_mustard

howya, i shipped some car parts (not a bass, i know) to germany via DHL about a year ago, cost about 70 yoyos. The parts were heavier than a warwick, but not as big. i think the dimensions will probably make it a little more expensive though. pack it well, good luck with sale!

btw i traded one of those last year, neck just wasnt for me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭eoin5

Get a quote from nightline and dpd too http://www.nightline-delivers.com/ http://www.dpd.ie/ .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

howya, i shipped some car parts (not a bass, i know) to germany via DHL about a year ago, cost about 70 yoyos. The parts were heavier than a warwick, but not as big. i think the dimensions will probably make it a little more expensive though. pack it well, good luck with sale!

btw i traded one of those last year, neck just wasnt for me
    The exact same for me, this is actually the second time i tried going back to the bass but as I have a prevailing wrist injury I just cant keep on to it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭Seziertisch

The difficult thing is to find shipping with appropriate insurance.

Advertisement