Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Age Difference, Wrong or Right?

Options
  • 19-08-2009 2:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 37

Just wondering, i have no idea. if a Girl is 17 going on 18 and guy is just turned 23 is this ok? one argument i heard is age is just a number which is very true but i dunno. any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks a million.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭castle

this is not a big age gap,go have fun you are nearly a woman and will be when you reach 18

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 itsadeathtrap

this is not a big age difference in the bigger scheme of things, so if ye are both up for it go for it......

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

The age gap is alright, but you're likely to run into problems because you're both at completely different stages of your lives. Just something to beware of.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭OS119

an age gap isn't a problem per se, what matters is where those people are in their lives.

at the age of 23, i struggle to think what i would of had in common with a 17 yo girl - i'd have shagged her, but that was it.

personally, in old fart mode, i'd ask what a 23 yo MAN was doing in the social circle of a 17 yo girl - if its, say, the older brother of a close friend, then maybe ok, but some randommer going up to much younger girls...?

if he's going up to 17 yo girls because he likes them, then that's a bit icky, if he's going up to 17 yo girls because he doesn't have the social skills to mix with people his own age, then that's also a bit icky.

if you were my daughter, i'd be advising you to tie them trainers tight, and run like fcuk!

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭blondie7

OS119 wrote: »
    an age gap isn't a problem per se, what matters is where those people are in their lives.

at the age of 23, i struggle to think what i would of had in common with a 17 yo girl - i'd have shagged her, but that was it.

personally, in old fart mode, i'd ask what a 23 yo MAN was doing in the social circle of a 17 yo girl - if its, say, the older brother of a close friend, then maybe ok, but some randommer going up to much younger girls...?

if he's going up to 17 yo girls because he likes them, then that's a bit icky, if he's going up to 17 yo girls because he doesn't have the social skills to mix with people his own age, then that's also a bit icky.

if you were my daughter, i'd be advising you to tie them trainers tight, and run like fcuk!

most 17 year old girls are mixing in night clubs that are "legally" over 18s, but girls can do wonders with hair and make up and make themselves look in there 20's perhaps he asked her out thinking she was much older??

i say go for it im 21 and my OH is 27 never bothered either of us and still doesnt, my parents met when my mum was 19 and my dad was nearly 30 that was over 40 years ago and there still going strong!

• Advertisement
Advertisement