Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

construction folder!!

Options
  • 19-08-2009 1:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 585 ✭✭✭

im going into 6th year this year.
    We were told as a class last year to get stuck in to our construction folder this year, thus giving us more time to complete the project!
    I have done a couple of bits, but very little really!!
    tbh i dont really no were to start.
    Could anyone tell me what goes in the folder, apart from research of joints, wood types and all the obious ones!?Cheers!:o

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Reillyman

To be honest if you don't have your folder completed by now you are more or less screwed.

Our teacher in Cavan told us we needed to have it completed before the end of the summer or you would definately fail.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭zonEEE

Reillyman wrote: »
    To be honest if you don't have your folder completed by now you are more or less screwed.

Our teacher in Cavan told us we needed to have it completed before the end of the summer or you would definately fail.

lol? id say about 60% percent of people in my class didn't start it till like after xmas

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

What?

If he hasn't even started 6th year yet, how could he fail because he hasn't his folder completed by now?!

Haha, the OP is actually my friend and I was just seeing would he notice it was me:P

TBH I havn't got a clue about Construction Studies...

Get to work Daragh ya lazy bastard:D

Haha, the OP is actually my friend and I was just seeing would he notice it was me:P
    Hmmmmm!! ~_~

Well, do bear in mind that you could be putting the s**ts up some other poor fecker who doesn't know you and thinks you're serious! :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭slickmcvic

did ya know your cons teacher gives you your provisional grade for your project.....make it look like ya done a bit over the sumern and are really interested anyways

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Craigsy

I did mine over xmas, the majority of my class did it over the easter break. I can send ya mine if ya want it, something to give ya an idea of whats required

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭fig mclough

dnt mind these guys my class did it in the last 3 weeks!! but thrust me do it at the easter break ya save time.if you no sum1 who did it this year and got on well get theres.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Daragh101

Well ive read some of your posts and tbh your only saying that because you didnt start until 6th year and failed the L.C!....

Daragh101 wrote: »
    Well ive read some of your posts and tbh your only saying that because you didnt start until 6th year and failed the L.C!....

Damnit Cuddy, get off boards and get doing some construction...:p

• Advertisement

strongr wrote: »
    lol? id say about 60% percent of people in my class didn't start it till like after xmas

Ya but had they started their practical..!?
    Do you not have to have the folder done before you start the Practical?

Damnit Cuddy, get off boards and get doing some construction...:p

could not be arsed!!!.....il wait untill mulgrus 18th is over and then crack on!!:D:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭fig mclough

yea but i got a b1 in construction! dam tat maths exam anyway!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Secoundrow

OP I got a A2 in honours started the folder in march :)

Your teacher is a b0llox feck him;)
    Now the lads here saying they failed construction because they left it to 6th year are pulling the piss out of ya
    cause we're finished passed never have to look back ect ect

If You like construction like I did and are willing to put in some hard graft then you'll get it done after x-mas

MAde a coffee table by the way

And I have many a hand out I could up load but damn it I just cant be bothered sorry:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Secoundrow

Daragh101 wrote: »
    Ya but had they started their practical..!?
    Do you not have to have the folder done before you start the Practical?

;)OFFICIALY yes you should have it started

In reality fúck that sh1t:rolleyes:

Ok, this thread really isn't going to be helpful to anyone, the way it's gone!

So before my trigger-finger gets itchy ...

lockfp6.gif

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement