Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin zoo

Options
  • 19-08-2009 12:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 585 ✭✭✭

I have next week off and im thinking of going to the zoo some day. Has anyone seen the tiger cubs yet in dublin zoo?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭PinkTulips

I thought it was cheetah cubs?

That said it was my mother who told me so she probably had it wrong.

Have tickets ordered with my clubcard tokens so heading up in a few weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Narsil

PinkTulips they are Siberian Tiger cubs and i'm going up on Saturday to have a gander! Cant wait:)

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭PinkTulips

Sumatran actually, just checked them out on the website as it was bugging me... real cuties, can't wait to see them in rl.... if they're visible when we go that is, better not say it to the kids before just in case ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭looserock

Was there last Sunday, saw the cubs and their great and all but I have to say the zoo makes me slightly sad, especially the hippos, does anybody else feel this way?.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Narsil

PinkTulips wrote: »
    Sumatran actually, just checked them out on the website as it was bugging me... real cuties, can't wait to see them in rl.... if they're visible when we go that is, better not say it to the kids before just in case ;)

Ah jaysus i totally knew it was Sumatran n all and just had the word Siberian in my brain sorry!:o

Yeup cant wait to see the wee critters!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

I used to love the zoo until I went to Africa on Safari. To see animals living in such small spaces compared to their natural habitat is a sad thing. I know Dublin Zoo looks after the animals really well, its just the constraints of the space that isn't ideal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭themetallifan

Was there yesterday. They're in the large enclosure to the left as you come in the front gate, but whether you see them or not is a gamble. They werent visible early, but in the evening, we got a small glance at them.

Advertisement