Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dartitis!

Options
  • 19-08-2009 12:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭

It must be a pain in the backside to have dartitis, I've seen some of you lads on here had it before! What do you do ? Do you give up for a while? My head would be wrecked. Was thinking I had it for a few weeks as I was playing crap just recently but I was simply was not practising enough! Played a good bit earlier and was happy again!:) Would you count a dip in form as dartitis?

Saw this vid earlier suggesting Rod Harrington has dartitis;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5tRO-vsV7M

I don't know if I'd call it dartitis though!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 831 ✭✭✭Daffy501

I dont think i would class a dip in form as Dartitis mate however i have never expierenced it so wouldnt know about it.

I did have a Darts mate about 12 years back who suffered from it and he used an unusual method to get rid of it !!

Somebody told him it was all in the head and that he had to trick his mind into thinking he wasnt throwing at the dartboard , so he tied an elastic band from the number 20 to the number 3 and concentrated on trying to break the band with a dart.
    After a while he was back throwing normal and told me that he attributed the fix to throwing at something different other than the T20 as he maintained that was how it all started for him , he just got so used to trying to hit T20 and when he didnt he became frustrated.

According to Bristow,in an interview, he said that its all to do with repetiveness and the mind and body getting used to doing one thing for so long

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search
    Dartitis (pronounced dart-eye-tis) is a condition which can affect dart players, and severely damage their performance and results. It can be compared to the 'yips', a movement disorder which can affect golf players as they take their putting stroke. The term is used in reference to players who struggle with some kind of psychological problem with their technique and/or release of their darts.
    The most famous case of dartitis came in 1986, when five-time World Champion, Eric Bristow revealed he was having problems with the release of his darts.[1] Bristow managed to make a partial recovery from the condition, and even managed to regain the number one position in the world rankings.

URL="http://www.boards.ie/w/index.php?title=Dartitis&action=edit&section=1"][COLOR=#0000ff]edit[/COLOR][/URL Players affected

The following players have all been reported sufferers from the condition dartitis.

Advertisement