Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

too much too soon..?

Options
  • 19-08-2009 12:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all, Me and the OH moved in together recently. We are dating 4 months and it seems like everything has gone downhill since it was finalised that we had moved in. what I mean by downhill is the sex,the conversations. He didn't seem phased that I was even here! it just seemed like a day to day thing that happens! ok so he isn't the type to be excited about relationships. So I feel a bit overwhelmed maybe and am unsure about the decision I have just made. it doesn't seem like a good idea to talk,given that our conversations are non existent, i have clammed up, spend all my time on my phone or internet talking.

I really don't know what to do..maybe it will clear up in a few days but i feel like i'm pushing him away and I really don't want to do that,I love this man and would love to have a future with him.

I guess im loooking for advice. has anyone been through this????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,394 ✭✭✭ManOfMystery

Talk to each other! Communication is the key

• Closed Accounts Posts: 750 ✭✭✭VaioCruiser

Yes OP. Talk to him. Tell him the story ... from the start to the end... lay it out and I suspect that between you it will all be ok.

All the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭XarcherX

Get your head out of your phone and off the internet and talk to him!!... i did this at the start with my OH, confused the life out of him and almost pushed him away... i don't know what it was, a mix of shyness, nervousness and not wanting things to go wrong made me act kind of strange and out of character.
    i guess the fact that he doesn't seem half as phased as you are is probably throwing you off as well..
    moving in together is a fairly big step to take and if you feel you can't be yourself and talk to him and lay it all out there about what your feeling then it's not going to stand much of a chance in the long run..
    You can't be blamed for all of it tho, it takes 2 to make this work, the efforts should be 50/50.
    good luck! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

maybe you just realizing what he is really like

Advertisement