Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who designed your tattoo??

Options
  • 18-08-2009 11:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭

Did you just go in to artist with general idea?
    Did your friend design? Or you??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Went with a general idea for my first one and let the artist do the work.

Current one I looked through portfolios and see what I'd like. Then came with 1 element I wanted added, a flower and said have a field day with my leg, do what ya want :) never seen a tattoo artist grin so much haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭Cookie Jar

Will wrote: »
    do what ya want :) never seen a tattoo artist grin so much haha

:pac::pac:

durt. To my leg, as in tattoo it. Nothing more. tut tut

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Cookie Jar wrote: »
    :pac::pac:
    I didn't see that *hi5*

Yeah yeah will ha!!

Who did your leg will?? nice btw!

I'm looking to get a flower on my leg.. have a general idea of what I want... need to get someone to do it now!

• Advertisement

pawel is doing it. it's not finished. hoping to go back beginning of september for 2 more sessions.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

My first tattoo, the tribal style dragon, I got from an artist on deviantart.com (asked for her permission to use it)
    The second, the phoenix, I went into Snakebite to Mariusz who did the dragon for me, and asked him to design me a phoenix which would compliment the dragon, to go on the opposite shoulder, so he did it up for me, and I love it. :D

My new tattoo, the bio-mech heart, I went to Pawel in Snakebite and explained my idea of a bio-mech heart, that'd look somewhat like an engine, and he drew me up the design and tattooed it for me. Absolutely love it! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Flowertot

i went into swineline with the a general picture of what i wanted that my partner drew up ( a butterfly with banners across the wings)

They redrew it for sizing so the font would fit in the banners and changed the design on the wings a bit. once agreed just let neil lose to do as he pleased ;) colours i mean

love it :D in the midst of planning my next

• Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭vangoz

In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light..............So God created man in his own image.......... He rested on the sixth day and designed my tattoo on the seventh.

Nah stole it off an album cover - Steve Stevens, Atomic Playboy :D Havent got an artistic bone in me body so could never design my own!!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

need to get someone to do it now!

Durt back at ya :pac:

my right shoulder was drawn by an ex and the other 3 were by a good friend of mine :) all my designs but they were the artistic ones

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Dragonz_Rawr

First tattoo (and absolutely favourite one) was designed by a New Zealander called Howie who was working for Deus ex Machina in Canberra.

I wanted a colourful baby dragon breathing fire - but having absolutely NO creative talent meant that Howie had to work from the design in my head - nothing on paper. 9 years on I still absolutely love it.

Second one was designed and inked in Dublin - it's currently being removed :(

Second one was designed and inked in Dublin - it's currently being removed :(

How come??

How come??

It was badly done...the design means a lot to me and I was so upset that it got messed up. The lines aren't straight and it's just all over the place. Sad, but I will get it redone - possibly on my back. I'm only 2 treatments through getting rid of it.

It was badly done...the design means a lot to me and I was so upset that it got messed up. The lines aren't straight and it's just all over the place. Sad, but I will get it redone - possibly on my back. I'm only 2 treatments through getting rid of it.

Where was it?? Thats kinda crappy for you!
    I have my name on my back... got it when I was like 15 or 16... seems kinda stupid now... was thinking of tryin to get it covered up rather than removed!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Edgedinblue

first tattoo done it myself, liked flamey things at the time. thats it.

all 22 of my stars, well i like stars theres not much to them. there just outlines just as i like them!

my birds, took me awhile to mix and match some i found online and the day before i got my tattoo done i found ones i totally loved on BME.

My leg tattoo is from an artist whos made dolls and drawing. yamash!ta shunya me thinks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭QOTSA90

I only have one, its a set of wings. I pulled a pic off the internet, when I got home I looked them up again and found an artists myspace, his name was Will and he was from Washington. He was really happy that I tracked em down, and i learned a lil about the piece. It was originally designed for a friend of his, but the friend never got the tattoo done in the end because of lack of funds, Iv got a one of a kind! :)

Where was it?? Thats kinda crappy for you!
    I have my name on my back... got it when I was like 15 or 16... seems kinda stupid now... was thinking of tryin to get it covered up rather than removed!

It's on my inner wrist - which is a pity because if it were somewhere not so visible I would have more options for cover-ups with it. I still want the original design by itself somewhere though so will get it redone eventually

Crappy, yes - but these things happen! And I guess I'm lucky that there is even an option to get rid of it! Is fading really well atm so hopefully it will continue...:)

Good luck with your coverup...is the tattoo big?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,161 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Designed it myself,
    Was going through pages and pages of tribal, and I just though they were all a bit mediocre.
    So I got sketching it up myself, still adding to it today

It's on my inner wrist - which is a pity because if it were somewhere not so visible I would have more options for cover-ups with it. I still want the original design by itself somewhere though so will get it redone eventually

Crappy, yes - but these things happen! And I guess I'm lucky that there is even an option to get rid of it! Is fading really well atm so hopefully it will continue...:)

Good luck with your coverup...is the tattoo big?

Thats good to hear.
    Thanks... em... havent even got a pic of it.. its not thats big... im bad at judging sizes ha... about 15cm wide maybe!:rolleyes:

Advertisement