Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Food guidelines confusing!!!

Options
  • 18-08-2009 11:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭

This might sound really stupid but I am really confused on the feeding guidelines on the Royal Canin Mini Junior. It gives the age in months on the side and along the top it gives the weight of the pup. Now my pup is nearly 4 months and is 2.5 kilos. The guideline is 55g. This seems very very little. Am i reading it wrong or is it right?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Busta Hyman

when we got our pup we measured it out with those little plastic cups but now we just feed by eye. but then we DO now have a fat dog.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭cmf86

I have the measuring cup for it but 55g just seems so little for a full day. I am worried now that I have been over feeding him,

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭eve

OP, check the weight given on the bag - does it say 'Adult Weight' or 'Pup Weight'

I know of a German shepherd who was underfed for several months as the owner read it as the pup weight - the poor thing was getting the food for a jack russell pup and it took him a long time to recover from the gross under feeding

There is a little picture above the guidelines of weighing scales with a dog on one scale and a kg weight on the other with a question mark, in the middle it says adult age. It doesnt say anywere on the bag if the weight is the puppy weight or the weight wen an adult.

I am really confused now, i really want to make sure that i am feeding him right. He is a west highland terrier.

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭andrewie

The weight at the top is the dogs average ADULT weight. We have a bichon and his average adult weight is 5-6kg. He is four months old so gets 125g daily. Not sure if the table is on the actual bag but we got a book with our first bag.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭andrewie

Ah found the table that is in the book.. http://www.royalcanin.co.uk/my_pet/dog_products/size_health_nutrition/mini_dogs/mini_junior.aspx
    Might make it easier to work out.

Thank you so much andrewie. I was checking the website last night and couldnt find that. They really need to make the instructions on the bag alot clearer.

Thanks again. That table is alot more helpful

Advertisement