Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just need to chat :)

Options
  • 18-08-2009 9:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm 22 and my girlfriend is 18 and we have been going out with each other for 6 months. Now I think the relationship has come out of the "honeymoon period" recentley.

Thats all well and good, as they have to. However Im just a bit worried, due to what she said today and I accept it is my fault and I knew it would come to this.

She is currently in crete on holiday, same place I went when I was 18, basically sex, drugs and rock and roll. Now Ive been feeling quite down latley for a number of reasons, and as a result Ive been shifting to her for support.
    Basically I know Im coming across as needy , clingy and all the stuff I hate myself for doing. Shes over to have a good time and Im pretty much just annoying her with my problems, something I know I shouldnt but I text anyways.

Its come to a head tonight when she said that she wanted me to slow down and she doesnt know if the relationship will last. Now bear in mind that she still sends me texts saying how I am the one, she loves me etc etc. I amnt naieve, she is 18, she still has a long way to go as regards all that, but it makes me feel good and I believe her.

Another thing I dont like doing is I am always banging on about guys and just being paranoid that she will cheat. Now I trust this girl 100%, I know she wouldnt hurt me, Ive been there and have the T-shirt, she is different.

Am I right in thinking that she just wants me to lay off and give her space on her holiday? I know Im suffocating her and it hurts me, but I cant help it, I know Ill be back to normal when she comes back, Im not usually needy etc.

Or

Is she getting second thoughts and letting me down slow before she jumps out of the relationship.

As Ive said, Im feeling quite low due to a bunch of personal issues all coming at once, and she is getting the full brunt of my issues.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

All I could say is that she is still pretty young.She is of the age that alot of her friends may be going to college,meeting new people etc so its possible that she is feeling over-awed at the moment.

Instead of telling her about all you problems,have you considered speaking to someone else about your current dilemmas.

You havnt specified whats going on with you so Im only guessing here but have a think about talking to a professional instead of laying the heavy stuff on your girlfriend.

Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭castle

put the shoe on the other foot would you want her annoying you if you where having a ball with your mates..
    Tell her to enjoy herself and you will see her when she gets back,now what is the worst thing an 18 yr old can do on holiday's you guessed it and is it really that bad.
    Would you not do the same and that does not mean she is going to but mark my words if you keep banging on about are there guys chatting you up and all that nonsense then you are going to be the reason she will go off with someone else.
    If you push people to far they fall get my drift, and please when she comes home do not ask her did she do this with a fellow and how many fellows did she talk to etc.
    Holiday is a place where you are meant to have fun,if you have things on your mind talk hear as you are or chat with a mate.
    If you want to lose her then keep acting like the person you know you don't want to be.
    Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Thanks for the advice, It was kinda what I was thinking too. I just needed sombody else to say it.

I know I am being a dick and I know whats gunna happen eventually. Thank **** she is back soon, I can relax and get back to normal.

I really love this girl she is ****ing amazing, but I think your right if I dont give her space, ill be writing a breakup thread!

I dunno how she puts up with me! I cant put up with me.

Advertisement