Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Colaiste Dhulaigh

Options
  • 18-08-2009 9:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi, I'm not sure if I'm in the right place to discuss PLC's, but as I'm a mature student I thought I'd try my luck here first!

I've an interview for the 31st for Pre-Uni Science. Is there anyone applying / due to attend interview for Colaiste Dhúlaigh this September? Also, if there is anyone who has actually done this course and could offer any info on how they got on I'd be very grateful too!

Maturies support pls guys and gals!? :o

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Not a mature student but applied for this in May and got accepted. You'd wanna sell yourself big time becuase I went to pay it off yesterday and receptionist was telling me they got loads applications after the points for 2009 came out.

Good luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Victoria_79

creggy wrote: »
    Not a mature student but applied for this in May and got accepted. You'd wanna sell yourself big time becuase I went to pay it off yesterday and receptionist was telling me they got loads applications after the points for 2009 came out.

Good luck.

I'd say I sent my completed application around early July, thought I'd gotten a head start. Obviously not :eek: Congrats you got your course by the way! :) how soon after the interview did they tell you that you had your place?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

It was about a week until I got a letter from them saying I was accepted.

I talking to a few people who did it before and they were telling you need to work you arse off as the college places are meant to be competitive.

I got a letter from Dhulaigh today telling me that we can't do genetics and cell biology anymore, don't know why though.

Thanks btw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭Cookie Jar

I was at dhuligh a2 years back!! Didnt do that course!
    But knew a few doing it and they loved it.

The college is really good... lecturers really nice and always looking to help out.. well mine where!!

Best of luck with interview!

creggy wrote: »
    It was about a week until I got a letter from them saying I was accepted.
    Thanks for that. I wish I knew that I could have applied much earlier, I'd be put out of my misery one way or the other by now!
    I got a letter from Dhulaigh today telling me that we can't do genetics and cell biology anymore, don't know why though.
    Thanks btw.
    NP :) Thats an odd one. I'm hoping to steer in the direction of chemistry / pharma after this course.

Good luck with your course, fingers crossed for you :)
    Cookie Jar wrote:
    I was at dhuligh 2 years back!! Didnt do that course.
    But knew a few doing it and they loved it. The college is really good... lecturers really nice and always looking to help out.. well mine were!!

Best of luck with interview!

Thanks Cookie, and it's great to hear you enjoyed it :) I've been kind of nervous returning to education, because I've worked ever since secondary. I'm a class of '97, and just a bit worried because I'm really out of practice with my equations etc now :o hope you went on to do something you really love :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭SuperTyper

I'm a mature student attending Crumlin College in September, just wanted to wish you the best of luck:D

SuperTyper wrote: »
    I'm a mature student attending Crumlin College in September, just wanted to wish you the best of luck:D

Oh thanks! You too, and congrats on getting your place :)

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭SuperTyper

Tks a mill hon. Any idea when the PLC courses actually start, I have to register on 1 Sept but not sure when I start (I shud know:rolleyes:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭9wetfckx43j5rg

I am going to be inquring tomorrow about applying fora course in collaiste Dhulaigh. I can only hope all goes well and I get a interview! Which I would be terrified for! So I'll let you know!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭Anna88

I did the pre-nursing there last year. Its the same sort of course as pre-science except for nurses. Yes you really have to work your arse off. I got offered a place in DCU but I can safely say I earned it!! Its a great college and loads of support systems around. If you get offered a place, work hard from day one!! Best of luck with interview and really sell yourself and pretend the sun shines outa their arses lol...

• Advertisement
Advertisement