Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A new Battlestar movie?

Options
  • 18-08-2009 3:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭

http://ca.eonline.com/uberblog/watch_with_kristin/b135219_have_we_really_seen_last_of_battlestar.html
    As much as I love this show and as much as I love the characters, do we really want to see this?
    I would be so excited if they made it but my fear is that I would be disappointed:
    EJO - "I can guarantee you this will not be the last movie on Battlestar Galactica." And what might that movie be about? Well, one fan wanted to know if Olmos had thought out about what happened to Adm. Bill Adama after the close of the series, and Olmos told us, "I've actually written an entire script already on exactly what happened to him. Let me put it to you this way: When you next see Adama, he will be in a rustic log cabin, and there will be a knock on the door. And it will be his old friend Col. Tigh saying, 'We have a problem.' And that's how the journey begins."

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ghouldaddy07

Hope its true, Id like more Battlestar, I think the Story of the Final Five before they found the Colonys would make a decent movie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

• Registered Users Posts: 20,950 ✭✭✭✭Stark

JIZZLORD wrote: »

If it's anything like Superman Returns, then it will just be the first BSG movie they did (the one that amalgamated bits of the TV show) with updated special effects, 10% new dialogue and an annoying little brother for Boxey to play with.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

There's something undenibly endearing about Eddie Olmos - not only is he a fantastic actor he genuinely loves the worlds he inhabits, be it him inventing an entire langauge in Blade Runner or him because pretty deeply involved on the production side of Battlestar.

In case anyone is confused, the above link is for the Glenn Larson-produced box office BSG film, and would be entirely seperate to any continuation of the re-imagined series.

If the re-imagined series sees another new release it will - probably - be a television movie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

ok, i know that it may be a wum, but......
    -Men helmsman Bryan Singer will direct and produce a big screen outing of Battlestar Galactica, Variety reports.

The Universal Pictures movie adaptation is described as a "complete reimagining" of the sci-fi series. Singer had already worked on a possible Fox TV sequel to the original 1978 series, but this was canned following the 9/11 attacks because the premise involved "a human civilization on 12 planets decimated from an attack by intelligent robots known as Cylons", Variety explains.

There is a yet no script for the new film, although insiders have stressed the project will "stand separate from the series". ®

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,019 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Y'know, before the RDM reboot I remember hearing about Singer being interested and I remember thinking: "Whoa, brilliant. He really did a good job in X-men 1/2 and The Usual suspects is fantastic. He could do a real intelligent take on the crusty old BSG". Then the reboot came about. Who would've thought that in the space of a few years that we would be praying that Singer does NOT make a BSG movie/series/whatever?

TBH, after "The Plan" (And I'm even a bit hesitant about that) I don't want to see any more continuation of BSG. Their story started, ran, and ended (IMHO brilliantly. Know threads were left hanging but I liked that). End Of Story.

I'm curious about Caprica as it is set beforehand and I quite liked the pilot (Although it didn't grab me as much as BSG) but as for the BSG timeline story? Over please.

TBH I can't this film getting out of development hell anyway. In the current climate big money's only going to be spent on guaranteed slamdunk popcorn hits. They are not going to spend a lot of money on a potential effects blockbuster that will have reboot fans and critics (Remember how BSG has been such a big critical success) crying out "No Need!!!"

Advertisement