Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do Women Know!?!

Options
  • 18-08-2009 3:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi All, going unreg for this.

Its a bit silly really - but I was wondering do women actually know when a guy is attracted to them? Theres a person in my life now, shes fantastic.. and i friggin love her! but don't want to ruin things... advice opinions welcome!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭Trixielicious

I can spot it a mile away when a guy is interested in one of my friends but haven't a notion when a guy is interested in me, actually he would have to spell it out to me for me to get the hint!!! Some girls can pick up on these things but the best advice is be honest with her, don't declare your undying love as that would freak her out but ask her out on a date! Good luck!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭angeldance

I can spot it a mile away when a guy is interested in one of my friends but haven't a notion when a guy is interested in me, actually he would have to spell it out to me for me to get the hint!!! Some girls can pick up on these things but the best advice is be honest with her, don't declare your undying love as that would freak her out but ask her out on a date! Good luck!!!!

I'm the same, can spot it a mile away with others but never with myself. I'd just be honest with her, and tell her you're mad about her and see how it goes from there. Good luck xx

• Registered Users Posts: 5,883 ✭✭✭shellyboo

It depends whether he shows that he's attracted to her or not, tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭puglover

I can usually tell,but I'm a bit of an empath. However, even if in the back of my mind I'm certain, there is always a little voice telling me I could be wrong...

If she's like me she probably has an inkling.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

Hi All, going unreg for this.

Its a bit silly really - but I was wondering do women actually know when a guy is attracted to them? Theres a person in my life now, shes fantastic.. and i friggin love her! but don't want to ruin things... advice opinions welcome!

I know when someone may find me attractive but it is harder to work if they have feelings for me if you know what I mean.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

shellyboo wrote: »
    It depends whether he shows that he's attracted to her or not, tbh.

+1. In many cases fellas (and girls) think they are making their feelings blindingly obvious, when in fact they aren't. She may not be psychic OP. She may have picked up on little things, maybe she knows, maybe she doesn't. Some people are better than others at sending out the signals, and equally at reading (and at times misreading) the signals. If you're not letting her know, it's not really her fault for not responding.

'Twas never a problem I suffered from myself. Subtlety wasn't my strongpoint when it came to this issue :D I tended to turn into bumbling clumsy idiot.

prinz wrote: »
    +1. In many cases fellas (and girls) think they are making their feelings blindingly obvious, when in fact they aren't. She may not be psychic OP. She may have picked up on little things, maybe she knows, maybe she doesn't. Some people are better than others at sending out the signals, and equally at reading (and at times misreading) the signals. If you're not letting her know, it's not really her fault for not responding.

Yup. If you make it clear, she can't not notice. You have to put yourself out there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭abi2007

I usually know when a guy fancies me. Although sometimes I'm sure they do and then they never ask me out.. if you like her ask her out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭winking weber

^ wot abi said.

I always know if they find me attractive but it doesnt always lead to anything. For all sorts of reasons. So you do have to be proactive about it if you want something to happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hi Guys, OP her thanks for all the advice.

Its like this, the 2 of us are away from home at the moment, Oz infact, and we kinda see each other almost every other day. We regularly go to cinema, have coffee, dinner, drinks.. so asking her out would be - well almost a normal regular question..

e.g.

Me: so fancy going to the cinema?
    Her: eh, yeah sure aren't we going Thursday anyway..
    Me: Oh, er yea.. yes actually.. how silly of me. *bumbling away..*

I would simply hate to ruin things between us when we eventually go home!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭DamoDLK

...So you do have to be proactive about it if you want something to happen.

I agree with this.. sound advice there

How about asking her if she'll let you *take* her out. And phrase it exactly like that... "will you let me take you out for dinner some night?". You pay. Go somewhere fancy, make sure she knows it's fancy, get dressed up, all that shtick. Make sure she knows it's definitely a date.

And see what happens!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

They can tell about as much as you can. Some people can be obvious others not so much. Many girls have an annoying habit of thinking they know when a guy fancies some other girl but more often then not are wrong. The only way to know is to go for it. gluck

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hi Guys OP here

So i finally bit the bullet and told her that i liked her. We had just got back from a coffee together. I got the

"oh.. ok i really like u 2 but only as a friend..."

How in the name of god do I always get it so wrong..

Advertisement