Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When are Orientation Kits sent out ?

Options
  • 18-08-2009 2:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭

Was accepted on a masters in early Summer, due to begin in Sept. Paid my fees deposit and haven't heard a sausage since. Any idea when UL are going to start sending out orientation kits ? PostGradAdmissions aren't answering the phone or emails. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Mossin

Hey Flaccus,

I'm in the same boat as you, but as I came back to Limerick last week, I called into the post grad office in the foundation building.
    The woman was actually in the process of putting the information into envelopes, and was due to begin posting out that information by the end of last week. She told me that I'd have my pack by early next week, which is now this week, and I await this right now.

Hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Flying Abruptly

Whats supposed to be in this pack?

I havent paid my fees yet as my supervisor said to wait until i come back down to UL, will i still get it?

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭brophya2007

Flaccus wrote: »
    Was accepted on a masters in early Summer, due to begin in Sept. Paid my fees deposit and haven't heard a sausage since. Any idea when UL are going to start sending out orientation kits ? PostGradAdmissions aren't answering the phone or emails. Thanks.

I received my pack with all the forms and necessary information yesterday (17th)

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭munsterdevil

More information here on schedules etc.

http://www2.ul.ie/web/WWW/Services/Research/Graduate_School/Orientation_%26_Enrolment

Once again it was nicely hidden:(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

Thanks lads. Hopefully this week so.

On the subject of fees, if you are on a HEA funded courses which a lot of technical Msc's are (they pay approx half the fees automatically), do you have to pay the balance on registration. Or can you split it over 2 semesters ? Course is 2 years part time.

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peteee

You should have gotten a letter plus loads of info about fees and orientation in the post by now.

Doing a Meng in Information and Network Security, so should be a bit of cross over with the modules!

Came yeterday. Yeah, I have to pay the fees (minus deposit) for year1 by giro before 12th Sept which is when I register. So be it. Doing the couse part time, so only 1 day a week.

Also, it turns out I wont be assigned a new ID no. Will be using my old UL id no...begins with 88 :D

That MEng looks really hard going by the syllabus. Was considering it myself at one stage.

Interestingly enough, it says that registration is Friday the 12th September. The 12th September falls on a Saturday !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭not bakunin

got mine this morning.........so much stuff aaaaaaaaaaaagh

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭cup of tea

Am I the only one not to receive it yet??

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭munsterdevil

cup of tea wrote: »

I haven't recieved one yet either, but I have an igrade to clear first this Monday, so they couldn't send me out one. Maybe you have something to clear? If not ring them...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Flying Abruptly

cup of tea wrote: »

Nope, I've never even heard of it before. Most people here seem to be talking about taught masters i think, i'm doing a research Phd, maybe theres a difference or because i've already spent 4 years in UL and know my way around already:confused:

EDIT: relooked at the link to the UL site there again and its for taught postgrads

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭snazzy

I received mine this morning.
    Very surprised!
    Expected it around Monday!

Queried this Friday Sept 12th start which is actually Sat. Thought it might be a type. Head of PostGrad Admin rang me back. The letter/date they sent out was last years as they haven't finalised the date yet and will get back to me. Also, I was told that only 2 people are doing my course part time. I wonder will they scrap it ? Holding off now paying fees until I know more. Possible paranoia here.

Advertisement