Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's wrong with my mp3 files?

Options
  • 18-08-2009 2:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

I am trying to link 2 devices. One is the free audio sound programme called audacity. I also have a wonderful little device called soundfly pro. Cost €15 or €20 on a market stall. It transmits mp3 & other files to FM, works on car cig. lighter & even transmits data such as file name, artist, which displays on the radio screen like RDS radio data (usually it displays radio station name & info). You just plug in your mp3 player or even just a flash stick into the USB port, & it plays them. Has a little remote control for advanced use as well. But why won't it play the mp3 files I create in audacity? They play on other mp3 players, ipod, zen, etc. I tried both id3v1 & id3v2 tags but neither works. I tried varying the bitrate but I don't really know what I'm doing! Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,078 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

what are you plugging into the transmitter, usb stick or player? maybe its not compatible or can't be seen as data device

• Registered Users Posts: 10 RicardoVerdi

Sorry I've been away! Thanks for your interest. Tried that. I've been using a zen and also a flash stick; whichever I use works fine with other mp3 files, but then it doesn't play my own home-made ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,879 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Sorry I've been away! Thanks for your interest. Tried that. I've been using a zen and also a flash stick; whichever I use works fine with other mp3 files, but then it doesn't play my own home-made ones.

I suspect the bitrate is too high or you are creating the files as VBR (variable bitrate) and it can't handle that.

Use iTunes to open the files you have created and it can display the bitrate of the files and whether they are VBR or not. 320 Kbps might be too high, for instance.

Try creating a file in Audacity that is 192 Kbps and which is not VBR and try it.

Assuming the PC version of Audacity is similar to the Mac version:

Open your original source file.

Chose export from the file menu.

Click Ok on the screen showing the metadata info, then you will get a dialog window with a field named Format with a button next to it labeled Options.

In the Format field, choose MP3 Files then click the Options button.

You should get another dialog window with the MP3 options. Choose quality 192 Kbps Constant button then click OK

Then try the new file.

Picture7.png

Advertisement