Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can anyone help?PLC question.

Options
  • 18-08-2009 1:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭

I put this on student finance boards but its deserted and I need help for this fast so I thought since this boards crowded with people thinking about stuff like this, maybe you guys could help me.
    I'm doing and interview for a PLC in early September but the deadline for maintenance grant applications is end of August. Do I send on the application anyway being presumptious that I got a place on the course?(I have two interviews for two different courses in the same college of further education but neither is definite).
    ALSO the college i am doing an interview with have a website and it says that students going to the college are able to get a means tested maintenance grant but StudentFinance.ie do not have that college(Dunboyne CFE) on its list of colleges certified to get maintenance grants. Who is right, StudentFinance or the Dunboyne site?(or is it possible dunboyne CFE have their OWN maintenance grant setup?)...I know these are alot of questions to handle but I'm in a bit of a panic trying to get it all right in my head.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Gibletta

Hi - I would give the college a call directly and then take it from there. Either of the websites could be out of date. It might also be no harm submitting the application form before the end of August and when you get accepted into the course you can submit further details to them. At least that way they'll have your application on file. Definitely call the college first - my husband is going back to Blanchardstown IT and they were able to tell him everything he is entitled to even if they didn't administer the payments themselves. - Hope this helps and good luck in the interview!

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Idjit

Gibletta wrote: »
    Hi - I would give the college a call directly and then take it from there. Either of the websites could be out of date. It might also be no harm submitting the application form before the end of August and when you get accepted into the course you can submit further details to them. At least that way they'll have your application on file. Definitely call the college first - my husband is going back to Blanchardstown IT and they were able to tell him everything he is entitled to even if they didn't administer the payments themselves. - Hope this helps and good luck in the interview!

Thanks. I cant get through to them at the moment. I really hope I can figure this out before the closing date.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

As Dunboyne CFE is presumably under the auspices of Meath VEC, why don't you ring the VEC and ask for the grants' department? They should be able to answer your questions.

Advertisement