Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do I type a fadá?

Options
  • 18-08-2009 12:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭

O.K. Boards,

my first venture into CMS. When I type "í" (i fada) and then preview I see FDFF in a box. E.g. Seanoirí appears as Seanoir[ffdd]. How do I circumvent this if I want to add fadá's?

Regards

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭daymobrew

'scorthy wrote: »
    my first venture into CMS. When I type "í" (i fada) and then preview I see FDFF in a box. E.g. Seanoirí appears as Seanoir[ffdd]. How do I circumvent this if I want to add fadá's?
    What CMS are you using? Do you know what editor it has?

TinyMCE has a button to allow for the insertion of a "custom char". This brings up a dialog showing you lots of such chars, including those with accents/fadas.

The attached screenshot is from Wordpress and shows the button (looks like a horseshoe - it's a mathematical one whose name I cannot remember).

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭'scorthy

Thanks guys,

CMS provided by our web developers. But similar to what you've suggested daymobrew I see an icon on the top that says "Insert Special Characters". I'll try that.

Regards

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

If you can edit the HTML use the ascii code &# 237; without the space in the middle

Well done kc66, and do the same when using ampersand (&) and I get gobblegook; use ascii code instead?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

I am not sure from your post whether it worked or not for you. But putting [PHP]í[/PHP] in the html will result in í.

List of codes here

Ignore the "PHP code" above, it is the only tag I could use to display the code.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭Kila

daymobrew wrote: »
    The attached screenshot is from Wordpress and shows the button (looks like a horseshoe - it's a mathematical one whose name I cannot remember).

Omega - a letter from the greek alphabet. Ω

kc66 wrote: »
    I am not sure from your post whether it worked or not for you.
    Thanks kc66; it did.

Advertisement